CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, April 16, 2012

Dance, Dance, Dance

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Here in Phoenix, we actually got to enjoy some cooler weather.  What a blessing!  Now we will be back in the 90's by the end of the week but I am truly grateful for the cool time we had this weekend.

From the time I was little through my teenage years, I took dance classes.  I took ballet and jazz and tap.  I loved tap.  It was my favorite class.  When I got into college, I as no longer taking dance class but I did take dance history classes.  I always hoped if I had girls that they too would develop a love of dance.  No such luck with my two.  They excel in other areas though.

So what does all this have to do with today's post?  Well remember I told you I might do some more work with the owl punch.  I still have lots of ideas and want to give them a try.  So this weekend, I decided to make a card using that punch once again.  I took one of my favorite characters, the mod girl, and turned her into a dancer.  A ballerina to be exact.  Let me show you what I came up with and see what you think.


Isn't she cute!  This is another one of those ideas that hit me in the middle of the night.  I am so glad it does not keep me up.  At least I go back to sleep and create the actual card the next morning.  Oops!  I got off track.  Back to the card we go!  I started with a base card of Pink Pirouette card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I knew I had bought some designer paper a few years ago with dance themes from a local craft store so I went to my stash of paper and found the ballet one.  It works perfectly with the color scheme I did on this one.  I cut it to be 4" x 5 1/4".  I adhered it to the pink using runner adhesive.  Next I cut a piece of Perfect Plum card stock and cut it at 2 3/4" x 3 1/2".  I ran it through my big shot using the Vintage Wallpaper impression folder.   also punched a modern label out of plum.  I took the label and the impressed piece and sprayed them using my frosted spritz.  I used my Teeny Tiny wishes stamp set and stamped my greeting using StazOn ink onto the Whisper White card stock.  It was punched out using the word window punch,  I adhered the impressed plum piece to the card using runner adhesive. Next I attached the word window greeting to the modern label using the same adhesive.  Then I attached the greeting to the card using dimensionals.  I also added a couple of teardrop pink rhinestones, one to each end of the greeting.  


For my little ballerina, I used the same recipe to make her as I did to make the mod girls last week.  The only addition I made was a scallop oval for the tutu.  I also added some slivers of Pink Pirouette card stock to the legs for the ballet shoe ribbons.  In the picture, her eyes look green to me.  However, I made them out of Soft Suede.  The tutu, headband and shoes are all from Pink Pirouette.  The face, neck, arms and legs are Blushing Bride card stock.  For her hair, I decided to use Early Espresso.  I drew the mouth on with a light pink felt tip marker.  I added pink rhinestones to the base of the top of the tutu where it meets the skirt.  I also added dots of Stickles glitter glue called Cotton Candy to the top, headband and edge of the skirt.  She is adhered together using a liquid glue and attached to the card using dimensionals.  


For the inside greeting, I used a stamp I have had for years.  I stamped it using StazOn ink onto Whisper White card stock.  I attached it to a piece of Perfect Plum card stock with runner adhesive and attached it to the card with the same adhesive.  I pulled out my Stampin' Up! markers out.  I pulled the Daffodil Delight, Perfect Plum and Pink Pirouette one and traced over the words as well as colored in the stars and dots.  I chose to add the Daffodil Delight since the designer paper had yellow ballet shoes as well as purple and pink.  I liked the additional color.  

Okay I will try to tear myself away from the owl punch but no promises.  I hope you are not bored with the creations from it.  I do appreciate you stopping by today.  Please come back tomorrow.  I will see you all then.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment