CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, April 6, 2012

The "Incredible" Fashion Designer

Once again we have come to the end of the week.  While this one was not plagued with medical illnesses and emergencies, it was still a pretty stressful week.  Do you ever feel that you try so hard to do the right thing and follow the path that God wants you to follow only to find hardship at the end?  I am going through a time in my life when this question runs through my mind a lot.  Well now let's turn to a happier topic.

As I sat down to work on some punch art, I came across instructions I had written down from Ellen Kemper on how to make a character from the movie "The Incredibles".  Did you see that movie?  It is one of my favorites.  Well if you did, do you remember who designed and made all their uniforms?  See if this picture rings a bell for you.


Do you remember her now?  It's Edna!  That's right a short little lady with a big attitude.  I think the one Ellen made has more sass to her but this was my first attempt.  I started with a base card of Melon Mambo cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".   Next I added a layer of Basic Black to the front measuring 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  I attached it using runner adhesive.  It's funny how your mind works.  The idea of how I wanted the next layer to look came to me in the middle of the night.  I started with a piece of Whisper White card stock cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  I put it in my color catcher and sprayed it with my alcohol/shimmer paint mixture to give it a little sparkle.  Next I pulled out my big shot and ran it through using an impression folder called Spots & Dots.  For some reason,  this design just seems to go with Edna really well.  


Since I got the instructions for this one from Ellen, I would ask that you go to her blog to get all the information about how to make her.  You will see when you look at hers that she definitely knows how to give characters attitude.  You will also see that Ellen has not been posting lately.  I hope everything is okay with her and her family.  I did choose to spritz my Edna with the same shimmer spray as I did the card.  After all, she is Edna!  She is attached to the card using dimensionals.



If you have seen the movie, you know that "darling" is one of her favorite words to speak.  So I took my handy Sizzix decorative strip called Billboard and cut the letters of the word out of Basic Black card stock using my big shot.  I also spritzed them with shimmer spray.  The letters are attached using a liquid glue adhesive.  This is a card I could send to one of my girlfriends for almost any occasion.  I think she would bring a smile to their face and a giggle to their day.

Believe it or not, we are still having internet problems.  It has taken 3 hours for me to be able to get this blog typed and posted.  I hope a new router is in our future - the near future.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  Please come back to see me on Monday.  Thanks for stopping by today.


No comments:

Post a Comment