CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

In Need of a Get Well Card?

There are several types of cards that I like to keep on hand.  One of them is get well cards.  Don't worry, no one is ill right now but for some reason when someone gets ill it is always a surprise.  So today I wanted to share with you a card I made just for this type of situations.  This particular card was inspired by 2 people:  the first is a fellow demonstrator named Kim Score and the second is my little dog Sadie.  I know that sounds weird but this card was made the same day I took her to the vet to get her yearly shots.  I am sure this card shows her feelings for this particular day.  So let's get started. 


This little guy makes me want to hug him.  I started with a base card cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2" out of Garden Green card stock.  My first layer on this is a piece of Night of Navy measuring 4" x 5 1/4".  I ran it through my big shot using my stripes impression folder.  It just seemed like a good texture for the "wall".  I turned to my box of dsp that is retired and found this neat plaid piece.  I love the colors of this.  I wish I could remember the name but it us just gone.  I cut a piece to be 2" x 5 1/4" and rounded the top 2 corner.  This would serve as the dog's bed.  All of these pieces were adhered together using runner adhesive. 


For the greeting, I used a stamp set that did originally come from Stampin' Up!.  It is a retired one.  However, I did not purchase it new.  I got it from a fellow stamper who was getting rid of some of her old sets.  She did not have the name of the set on the box and could not remember it either.  So I just refer to is as the "get well" set.  I stamped it using Garden Green ink onto Whisper White card stock.  I used my paper trimmer and trimmed the piece down.  Then using my corner rounder punch, I rounded all the corners.  It is finished off by adding some Garden Green ink to the edge of the card stock using a sponge.  I adhered it to the card using runner adhesive.  


I fell head over heels for this little dog.  I really think he represents how everyone feels when they get sick.  I learned how to make this little guy including the thermometer and tissue as well as his pillow from Kim Score.  I am not going to list the punches used since this is her design.  Instead, I would suggest you visit her blog which is called Paper Punch Addiction.  Once you get there scroll down and look for the free tutorials on the left hand side.  This one is called Sick as a Dog.  I have found wonderful tutorials on her site and tweek them as my own.  For this card, the colors scheme was all my own as was the background embossing and the "bed".  The greeting is also different from hers.  I used Soft Suede and Early Espresso for my doggy colors.  The pillow was adhered using runner adhesive as was the dog's head, body, and ears.  For the muzzle and the 4 paws, I attached them using dimensionals.  This was Kim's suggestion and I like the look of it on the card.  White gel pen and a fine tip black marker finish off the dog.  Anyway, if you have questions about how to do some part of him, I would be happy to help.  Now let's move to the inside.


This saying is from the same stamp set as the greeting on the front.  I stamped this one is Night of Navy onto Whisper White card stock.  I trimmed it down and rounded the corners.  Night of Navy ink was sponged onto the edges.  It is attached to the card using a runner adhesive.

I do hope you enjoyed this one.  For a get well card, it will hopefully bring a smile to someones face.  I appreciate you taking a few minutes out of your day to stop by and see what I made.  I sure hope you come back tomorrow.  I will see you all then!

 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment