CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Friendship

Friends are very important people.  They are the ones you go out and have a good time with and they are the ones you call when life throws you a curve ball.  They are the people you probably got into trouble with when you were young, and the ones who know all your secrets.  All in all, they are very special.

Today my card has some friends gracing the front of it.  I am sure you will recognize them.  They have known each other for a very long time and have starred in several commercials together.  They even had a movie in Las Vegas.  Have you guessed who they are yet?  Well how about I show you the card and you will find out if you are right. 


When I made the card with Ms. Brown on it a few weeks ago, I really wanted to make one with Yellow and Red too.  Unfortunately at the time, I did not do it.  So when I sat down to work on a card yesterday afternoon, I remembered these guys and decided I would make a card to feature them.  I started with a base card of Crumb Cake card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  Next I took a piece of Whisper White card stock cut to be 4" x 5 1/4" and ran it through my big shot using my spots & dots impression folder.  I adhered this to the Crumb Cake with runner adhesive.  Next I took a piece of Basic Black card stock measuring 2 1/2" x 5 1/4" and ran it through the big shot using the stripes impression folder.  I adhered this to the bottom have of the white with runner adhesive.  I used Stickles glitter glue in red and yellow to fill in some of the open circles on the white.


For the greeting, I pulled out a retired stamp set called Define Your Life and used the "together" stamp.  After all, if you see the Red guy, the Yellow is usually close behind.  I stamped this one Whisper White using Real Red ink and punched it out with the decorative label punch.  I then punched out 2 red decorative label punches and created the border around the definition.  I adhered this one to the card using dimensionals.  


Here is a close up of the Yellow M & M.  Handsome isn't he?


Here is the Red M & M.  He has a bit of a worried look but he always does when Yellow is around.

To make both of these, you basically use the same card stock and the same punches.  Blushing Bride serves as their arms and legs.  Whisper White is for their hands, feet, eyes and the "m".  Basic black is also used in the eyes.  For Yellow, I chose Daffodil Delight card stock while Red is made from Real Red card stock.  For the punches, I used a 3/4" circle for the feet of each.  Just cut it in half and you have 2 feet.  I used my retired horizontal slot punch for the top of the shoes.  A strip of card stock would work for this too.  I used the opwl builder punch to make the white and black circles for the eyes and the eyelid.  The hands come from the boho blossom punch.  For the arms and legs, I started by punching out a small oval using the retired small oval punch.  I then used the large oval punch to punch a ring around the hole of the small oval.  I did 2 of these for each M & M, one for the arms and one for the legs.  The "m" was cut out using the Billboard die for the big shot.  I added dazzling diamond glitter to these before adhering them to the the guys.  For Red, I punched his body with the 1 3/4" punch while Yellow's body was punched out using the wide oval punch.  Each is assembled using a liquid glue and a glue pen.  They are attached to the card using dimensionals.

I left the inside of this one blank as I designed it to be a note I would drop to a friend.  Of course, you can use it for whatever occasion you would like.  I just love these guys.  They are truly so much fun to make.  

I hope you enjoyed seeing my friends today.  Come back again tomorrow and see what I come up with next.  Thanks for dropping by today.  
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment