CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, April 23, 2012

Gift Bag

As I was working on a special project the other day, my sister called and said she needed a few gift bags to place a small gift in to give to students who are graduating from ASU this year.  Now don't think she needed them for all the students.  She only needed 18 for students who are part of her college and I believe they have worked there.  So of course I said I would do it.  Unfortunately I only had a few hours to get them ready.  She had to pick them up that night and pass them out the next day at work.  So I put together a really quick design and got started on production. 


This is the first side of the bag.  I started with Whisper White card stock cut at 6" x 12".  I ran it through my big shot using the XL Bigz die Fancy Favor.  This actually cut out the bag shape and scored the lines where I would need to bend them to put it together.  To secure it, I knew I would need a strong adhesive so I used my sticky strip.  Now because I knew I wanted to decorate the sides prior to assembling the bag, I put the sticky strip on where it would be needed but did not peel off the top red layer of it.  That way it would be ready when I needed it to be and not stick to anything while I worked on it.  

As you can clearly see, my sister works for Arizona State University.  The school colors are maroon and gold so I chose to use Bravo Burgundy and Daffodil Delight as my colors of card stock.  My Cricut machine came in very handy to use for making the letters.  I used a cartridge for the machine called Plantin Schoolhouse.  It is an alphabet cartridge which actually came with my machine when I got it.  As you can see, I cut out sets of letters in both of the colors so I could alternate them on my cards.  I adhered the letters down using a liquid glue.  

Next I pulled out a retired stamp set called Go, Graduate.  I used the cap stamp from it and stamped one with Bravo Burgundy ink and the other with Daffodil Delight ink.  Now I could have stamped these all over the side and then adhered the letters but I wanted a simple clean look.  I also could have added glitter but I did not really have time to today.  


Here is the other side of the box.  I basically stuck to the same theme.  I began by using the same Cricut cartridge and cutting out numbers in both Bravo Burgundy and Daffodil Delight so I could also alternate them on here.  They are adhered with liquid glue.  Again I used the same stamp to add my decoration.  Once the letters and numbers had been adhered and had a chance to dry, and the stamping was all done, I assembled my bag together and it was ready to go.  

While I did not get a photo on the gift I will tell you we finished the bags off by placing a half sheet of tissue paper in each and then placed the gift which was a really cool key chain.  Hopefully, her students will love the key chains and take time to look at the bag.  All in all, I kept the task simple for myself so I knew I could finish it in time for her to get them.  I had a lot of fun making these. 

 Now I have a secret project to work on for someone special.  I cannot share any details about it yet since the someone has not received it.  However, I do promise to share it with you as soon as I can.  I think you will appreciate it when you see it (at least I hope you will. 

Thanks for stopping by today and please come back tomorrow.  See you all then!


No comments:

Post a Comment