CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, February 17, 2012

Who Is That Masked Creature?

Well once again we have reached the end of the week.  I am happy to say my head is doing much better today so I am looking forward to the weekend.  For once I do not seem to have any plans which means I can relax!!  It is always nice to have that down time. 

Today's share has a cute little masked critter on it.  I bet you know what kind of animal it is already.  If you guessed a raccoon, you are right! 


The base card is a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of Calypso Coral card stock, scored at 4 1/4".  I took a stamp from the retired stamp set called Sprinkles to stamp all over the Coral.  I used the VersaMark ink to do this.  I then sprinkled clear embossing powder all over it and heat embossed it.  Next I pulled out a set of framelits dies called Labels Collection.  This set is in the Occasions Mini catalog.  Using my big shot, I ran a piece of Daffodil Delight card stock through using the 2nd largest framelit.  Remember, you use tab 1 on the platform to do this due to the thinness of the die.  Next, I took the size just under the 1st frame and ran it through the big shot using Baja Breeze card stock.  Once these were cut out, I ran each one through the big shot again using tab 2 of the platform.  I used an impressions folder from Cuttlebug called Flowers to add texture to them.I added Stickles glitter glue in dots to the background on the Coral and on the Baja Breeze in the center of the flowers.  


Here you can see the background a little better so you can see the glitter glue dots.  I just wanted to be sure you could see the details of it.  You can use any impression folder you have to make your texture.


Finally we come to the star of the card - the raccoon himself.  He is made completely from punches.  He is just so cute.  I used Basic Gray, Whisper White, Basic Black, and Pink Pirouette card stock to make him.For the arms and feet I used the word window punch.  His body is comprised of a gray wide oval punch and a white large oval punch.  The face is the ornament punch with the hook park cut off.  The white on his face is also from the ornament punch.  You trim it down to make the muzzle.  For the tail, I used the large petal from the Blossom Petal Builder punch.  I took another large oval and cut pieces off for the white rings on his tail.  The ears are also from the Blossom Petal Builder Punch.  Again I used the large petal in gray and layered the smallest petal of that punch in Basic Black on top.  His cute little nose is from the Owl Builder punch.  For the eyes, you start by layering white and black wings punched from the Bird Builder punch.  Then add the white circles from the Owl Builder as well as the teeny tiny circles to complete the eyes.  I added white gel pen to highlight various areas and black dots on his muzzle.  He needed a little something to hold so I chose a flower.  I chose to use the base colors to make this.  So I used Calypso Coral, Baja Breeze, and Daffodil Delight card stock.  I used the Boho Blossom punch and layered 2 of the flowers.  I put a circle from the Owl Builder punch on top and added the pearl to the center.  I also added glitter to the flower petals.

I love love love doing punch art!!  I think I may do some over the weekend so there may be another punch character on Monday for you to see.  I hope you all have a happy and safe weekend.  I will see you Monday.  Thanks for dropping by today!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment