CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Outside Inspiration

I love making cards, but I will admit that I do not know everything.  I am constantly learning new techniques and new punch art designs.  While I do spend a lot of time working on my own ideas, it is impossible to not look to see what other demonstrators are doing and be inspired by their work.  With that being said, I want you to know that my design for the card I will show you today is an inspiration from someone else.


I fell in love with this little guy the first time I saw him.  The base card is Marina Mist with a layer of Basic Black on top of that.  The top layer is a piece of Whisper White.  Once again, I wanted a sky scene so I used my pastels to make a sky.  Now I have to tell you a funny story.  I never have claimed to be perfect and this card proves it.  I took the greeting from the Perfectly Penned stamp set and wanted to stamp it using Marina Mist ink directly onto the card.  I bet you can see that it is actually on a separate piece of white card stock that I attached to the top of the card with runner adhesive.  Well the reason it had to be put on this way is because I did stamp it directly onto the card - upside down!  I could not believe I did that.  Then I had to recover from laughing before I could fix it.  So needless to say, this card will be a sample and not one I would sell or give anyone.  I will have to make another one. 



To learn how to make this little guy, I visited Kim Score's blog .  On her blog, she has tutorials that are for sale at very reasonable prices.  I bought the tutorial that included the instructions to make this dragonfly.  Because this is not my original design and is not on the web for all to see, I cannot give you the specifics on how to make him.  You are free to visit her site and purchase the tutorial if you like.  I did change a few things on him to make him more of what I wanted.  I do hope you can understand why I cannot provide the directions.  If you live near me, watch your email.  There may be a class coming up soon where we will learn to make this little guy.  

I am trying my best to get a lot of rest this week.  Everyone in my house except me has been sick for the past few days.  I hope not to catch it!  After all, I got a clean bill of health from my doctor yesterday.  

I will return tomorrow with another card that I hopefully don't stamp upside down on.   Thanks for dropping in today and I will see you tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment