CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Another Wedding Card

My daughter has a friend who is getting married soon and came to ask me to make a wedding card.  So I thought why not share it with you too.  After all, I love sharing my creations and hope you enjoy seeing them.  So let's get started working on this now.


I spent quite a bit of time trying to decide my color scheme for this one.  I decided to start with a Shimmer White card stock base.  I cut it at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I then added a layer of Basic Black card stock measuring 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  I then took a piece of Brushed Silver card stock measuring 4" x 5 1/4" and ran it through the big shot using the Vintage Wallpaper impression folder.  I love the elegant look you get from this.  I then layered all 3 of these together using runner adhesive.  For the main design on top, I turned to my handy Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch.  I punched flowers in Shimmer White and Basic Black.  Using the outer ring of the flower, I created this interlocking pattern to lay on the silver.  I used a liquid glue to adhere these together and to then lay them onto the silver.  


Here is a closer look at the interlocking flower rings as well as the flowers themselves.  I added a few white flowers into some black rings and some black flowers into white rings.  I adhered them with a glue dot in the center of the flower and liquid glue on the rest of the back.  I wanted to be sure they stayed put.  I then took out a pack of black and white pearls that I have and added white pearls to the black flowers and black pearls to the white flowers to make the centers really pop.  I liked the simple elegant look of the finished card.  But because she is my daughter, she decided she wanted some glitter added to it.  (Guess I raised her right!)


I chose to use my Stickles glitter glue in Silver to do the glittering of this one.  I was concerned that if I used the glue and loose glitter, it might get into areas I did not want.  This was a nice way to add just one color of glitter to the card and not worry about the clean look of it.  

So what do you think?  My daughter is out right now and has not seen the final product so I will have to let you know if she liked it or not.  Tomorrow, I am going back to more Easter punch art.  I can't wait to share this one with you!!  It is so cute!

Thanks for dropping by today and visiting.  Please come back tomorrow.  I will see you then!!


No comments:

Post a Comment