CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Simple Valentine

Last week was a very stressful week for my family.  We were in the midst of grieving when my body decided it needed to be sick.  I came down with some virus on Thursday that acted like the flu complete with fever and body aches.  I was so sick on Thursday but on Friday, I felt better.  Don't be fooled though because on Saturday, I was ill again.  I was so worried I would miss the funeral on Sunday I just wanted to cry.  Luckily God gave me strength and healing for that day.  Monday and Tuesday of this week were days where I still have not felt that great.  I really hope this goes away soon.  I want to stamp so much but have just had no energy to sit for long periods to do it.  I do however have a card to show you. 

This card is one that is very easy to make.  I did not finish the inside of it so I will not be sharing any of that.  Also, I only took one picture as I needed to go lay down for a while.  So without further ado, I will share my card with you.


I started with a base card of Basic Black card stock.  I then took a piece of Whisper White and cut it to the size I wanted.  Notice I left the length of it as long as the card (5 1/2") .  The width is cut to be about 4".  I then used my scallop border punch and punched along the edge of each side.  I like the decorated look it has.  Now it was time to stamp.  I pulled out my stamp set called I {Heart} Hearts.  I love this set.  It has such cute little hearts in it.  I started by stamping the polka dot heart using black StazON ink 3 times.  I left just a little bit of room in between each one.  Then I took out the pretty heart with the floral look and stamped it inside the polka dot one using Real Red ink.  If you have the wooden set of this stamp set, you might want to use your stamp-a-ma-jig to help line it up.  I have the clear set so I use the clear block to stamp it with allowing me to see where I am placing the stamp and line it up without the stamp-a-ma-jig to help.  With my stamping complete, I attached the white card stock to the black with my runner adhesive.  For the little ribbons in between the hearts, I used my 1/4" Real Red grosgrain ribbon.  Although the bows are small, you will want to start with at least a 6" piece of ribbon so you can manipulate it.  Tie your ribbons and trim the ends to the length you wish.  I attached these using glue dots to be sure they would hold. 

This Valentine can be made in a short amount of time and I love the overall look of the finished product.  You can use this card for many occasions such as birthday, Mother's Day, or just to tell someone you care.  You can also do it in different color schemes too and try adding glitter (remember, glitter only adds to the beauty of your card).  Give it a try.  I think you will like the results yourself. 

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you come back tomorrow and I hope whatever this virus is it will go away by then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment