CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Baby Buggy

You know as much as I enjoy blogging and sharing my cards with you, I also have favorite blogs I like to visit to see what other people are doing.  I have to admit, and I am ashamed to say, I am about a month behind on viewing these.  January was such a difficult month for us with the death of 2 friends within a week of each other.  Our lives were put into perspective so quickly, it was amazing.  My husband and I are still a bit numb by everything that has happened.  We pray for the families and try to be there for them as much as we can.  So while I love to visit blogs and be creative, my priorities have shifted somewhat and I am a little behind on my card making.

But have no fear, I do have a card to share with you today.  I was talking with my friend Lisa last week.  She is 5 months pregnant with a little girl and is trying to plan her baby shower.  She gave me and idea of a color scheme she was thinking of using on the invitations - hot pink and zebra.  Now for some odd reason when she said this, my mind started going a mile a minute and before long I had an idea for a card.  I sat down and created it within an hour or so.  When I shared it with her on Friday, she loved it.  So I thought I would share it with you today.


I learned to make this carriage after seeing a card made in the shape of the carriage.  I felt it had too small of a space inside to include all information you might want so I took the carriage idea and incorporated it onto a card.  My base card for this one is Melon Mambo.  I love the deep pink of this.  I added a layer of Basic Black cut at 4" x 5 1/4" to the front.  I then cut a piece of Pretty in Pink.  The measurement of this one is 3 3/4" x 5".  I ran it through my big shot using an impression folder from Cuttlebug called D'Vine Swirl.  I then placed it in my color catcher and spritzed it with frosted white shimmer spray I made by adding a few drops of frosted white shimmer paint into some alcohol in a small spray bottle.  This adds a shine to it when the light catches it just right.  The butterflies flying around on the card were cut and embossed using and embosslit folder called Beautiful Wings.  I used Shimmer White card stock for them.  I will tell you the zebra print card stock is not from Stampin' Up!.  It is a glitter print I found at my local craft store.  I cut the shape using the scallop circle die for the big shot.  I then cut a piece out to form the carriage look.  

For the hood, I took a strip of melon mambo about 1 1/2" wide and punched it using the eyelet border punch. I then cut it down to about 3/4" wide.   I attached it to the hood at a diagonal using a liquid glue and snipped off the excess being sure to round the end.  I did the same for the border along the body of the carriage.  I then used my sizzlit die called Swirls Scribbles.  I used the largest swirl from it, trimmed off any extra pieces and glued it using liquid glue to make the carriage handle.  Once these pieces were adhered, I took my Basic Pearl Jewels and added little pearls to the center dot of each eyelet.  I made the bow using the Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon.  

The wheels of the carriage are all that's left to make.  I used the 1 1/4" circle punch for the Melon Mambo outer wheel, the 1" circle for the zebra inner wheel, the boho blossom punch for the flower on the wheel and the 1/4" circle for the center of the flower.  I then added a pearl to each wheel to add a nice decoration to it.  Now your carriage is complete!
I know it seems like a lot of steps but it really is simple to make once you get going.  Give it a try.  It makes a cute invitation or baby card.  You can choose your colors and DSP based on boy or girl (or if you do not know, go with a neutral color scheme).  

Well, that's it for today.  Thanks for listening to my ramble and for stopping by to see the card.  Please come again tomorrow.  Until then, have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment