CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

This Little Piggy Loves You!

As many parents do, I played the piggy game with my children when they were little.  You know the "this little piggy went to market".  The only thing I might have done that you may have not is I put it to music and sang it to my girls.  I am no musician or singer by any means but for some reason, I decided to sing it to them.  Oh well, I am unique!

My card for today was inspired by my 2012 wall calendar given to me by my sister, Mary.  The main reason she knew I would love it because not only does it have the cutest piglets for each month, it is also all pink!!  I was thrilled to get it.  When I changed it last week to February, I was greeted by a little pig with a heart around him.  That was all the inspiration I needed.  Of course, it had to wait until this week but I finally made it. 


Isn't he cute?!  I started with a Whisper White base card.  I took out my handy stamp set called I {Heart} Hearts.  I used the stamp from it which is a trio of hearts to stamp on the front of the card.  I stamped it using Concord Crush ink.  Now that was a mistake.  I meant to use my Elegant Eggplant ink but grabbed the other.  In the end I think it looks fine and works just as well.  I then took a piece of Basic Black cut at 4" x 5" and ran it through my big shot with the impression folder called Finial Press.  To make the heart, I used the new Framelit Heart Collection from the Occasions Mini to cut my large heart out of Elegant Eggplant card stock.  These work with Tab 2 on the platform for the big shot.  The neat thing about these is you get several sizes of hearts to cut and layering becomes a snap.  Once the heart was cut out, I ran it through the big shot using the Finial Press impression folder also.  I adhered all these layers together with my runner adhesive.  


For my pig, I turned to my Cricut machine once again and used the Create a Critter cartridge.  I used Pink Pirouette and Pretty In Pink card stock to make him.  Again, the cartridge makes it easy to make the layers for the pigs.  I did place a piece of Basic Black behind his eyes, nose and mouth.  Once he was all layered, I added some Stickles glitter glue to highlight the Pretty In Pink areas.  

On my large heart, I wanted to add just a little decoration so I used some of my rhinestone to highlight the dots.  These are some I got at a local craft store.  Sometimes when you are trying to find a specific color of stone you run into problems.  Most of the time, you are looking for individual stones to use and many times, you can find the color in a design but not individually.  Well have no fear!  All you have to do is buy the design of stones and use your paper snips to cut the stones apart.  I know it takes time but it is worth it.  

I have a really cool card to share with you tomorrow so please come back to visit.  Until then, have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by.



3 comments:

  1. So cute, but as I look at this, I can also see "Hello Kitty"...hmmmm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I look at it again, I think you are right!! This would make a really cute "Hello Kitty".

      Delete
  2. you are in reality a excellent webmaster. The web site loading velocity is incredible. It sort of feels that you are doing any unique trick. In addition, The contents are masterwork. you have performed a magnificent activity on this matter!
    Cuisinart 8 Piece Ceramic Knife Kitchen Prep Set with Cutting Board - Red

    ReplyDelete