CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Splish Splash

I am working on several Easter cards right now hoping to teach a punch art class featuring these.  So I will have at least two more to share with you this week.  Hopefully I will be able to schedule a class in March.  It has been a while since I had one here and I am looking forward to doing it again. 

Today's card features a critter who would love to go Splish Splash.  This design actually came to me in the shower so I guess it really fits the title.  This is also a card that could be for Easter or just for a spring time card for a birthday or whatever.  So let's get started.


Now I hope you can recognize that this is a duck.  I could not help myself with this little guy.  He is just too cute to me.  My base card is Tangerine Tango card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".   The first layer on top of that is a Basic Black piece of card stock cut at 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".   Next I cut a piece of Whisper White at 4" x 5 1/4".  I used my pastels to chalk a sky with a gray chalk.  Using a scrap piece of Soft Suede and tore a couple of pieces to use as the ground.  I attached them using runner adhesive and then added dazzling diamond glitter to the edges.  For my puddles, I used a scrap of Pacific Point card stock and punched out 2 wide ovals.  I trimmed them to a shape I like, adhered them with runner adhesive and of course added some glitter.  To make my water drops, I turned to the Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch.  When you punch out the flower, you get these perfect tear drop shaped pieces that work wonderfully for the drops of water.  I saved the flowers for another time.  These were made out of Pacific Point.  I used a liquid glue to adhere them and again turned to my glitter to embellish them.  


I turned to my handy big shot and my Billboard sizzlit decorative strip die.  I cut these out of Basic Black card stock, adhered them with liquid adhesive and then added black glitter to them.  Next time I would add the glitter to the letters first.  I feel it would have a much cleaner look.


Now for the duck.  I used Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Basic Black, Whisper White, and Pacific Point card stock on him.  His head and body are made using the ornament punch.  His hair is the small flower from the boho blossom punch.  His bill is a large oval punch and his eyes come from the owl builder punch.  I used the largest circles from it for the white and used the medium ones for the blue and black part of the eyes.  For the tail, I attached the medium heart from the heart to heart punch.  His wings are a 1 3/4" scallop circle punch cut in half.  For his little feet, I started by punching 1 3/4" scallop circles.  I then used a large oval punch and traced it to get the size foot I wanted.  I cut them out and added them to him.  I also cut an extra one to use as a template in the future.  White gel pen was used to highlight certain areas.

Well we have once again made it to Wednesday.  I wish all of you a wonderful day and thank you so much for stopping by.  I hope you come back tomorrow.  See you then.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment