CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Do Zebras Have Black or White Stripes?

I think my kids have asked me this question at least 100 times over the years.  I bet lots of you have been asked the same question.  As for the answer, well I must admit I have never taken time to research it and find out.  I just like looking at zebras.

My card today features one of these cute creatures on it.  I used my trusty Cricut machine to make this little guy.  So let's get started shall we.


Let me start with the base card which is made with Pacific Point card stock.  It is cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I then added a layer of Basic Black card stock cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  For the next layer, I took a piece of Whisper White cut at 3 3/4" x 5" and used my pastels to chald a sky background.  I know it is hard to see in this picture but I promise it is there.  I wanted to make grass for him to stand on (after all zebras can't fly) so I used Garden Green card stock and tore strips to adhere to the white.  I added the dazzling diamond glitter because I wanted to jazz it up just a little.  

To make my zebra I used my Cricut machine and a cartridge for it called Create A Critter.  I love making animals with this cartridge.  It makes it so easy.  I started by cutting my zebra out of Basic Black card stock.  Using a layer setting on my machine, I then cut out the stripes in Whisper White to layer on top.  I used another layer setting for his muzzle and cut it out of Basic Gray.  Each layer was adhered using a liquid glue.  Isn't that easy!!


For my greeting, I used the same cartridge and my Cricut.  This cartridge has a phrase setting so you can cut phrases out.  Using Pacific Point card stock for this, I cut the happy birthday out and adhered it using liquid glue.  I then added dots to it using my Stickles liquid glue.  I just needed to make it shine.  I think any boy or girl would like this card.  If you are worried about it being too girly with the glitter, you can leave it off the grass and the greeting.  I would add white gel pen doodle dots to my greeting in place of it just to add design.  
I have spent the last 2 days catching up on laundry.  Today it is time to start the house cleaning - fun fun fun.  I hope you do something more fun than that.  I will return tomorrow with another card for you to see.  Until then, thanks for dropping in today!

No comments:

Post a Comment