CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, February 13, 2012

Congratulations to the Newlyweds!

Yesterday was a very special day as we watched our friends Becky and Mike be married.  The wedding was actually held at the fire station where Mike works as the engineer on my husband's ladder truck.  I had never been to a fire house wedding but it was a lot of fun.  The ceremony took place outdoors followed by a reception inside.  It was a beautiful day for a wedding and the bride looked beautiful too.  It was fun to watch the wedding and spend time with our fire family.   

I made a special card to give the special couple for their special day and wanted to share it with you.  I just had to wait until the wedding was over so they would not see it early.  I try really hard to do that with all my cards.  Most of the time it works.  Back to the wedding card.  Here it is:


This is a very simple design.  I did not feel the need to go big on this one.  The designer paper I found to use was elegant enough.  My base card is Shimmer White card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a layer of Basic Black to this which is cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  For the final layer of designer paper is cut at 3 1/2" x 4 3/4".  I found this beautiful paper at my local craft store.  As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to use it for a wedding card.  I love the silver glitter design.  I have to tell you Becky is like me - she loves glitter and bling.  However, Mike says the less glitter the better.  Like most females, I know that Becky and I are right so there would be bling on this card no matter what!


I used my big shot and my Bigz XL Curly Label die.  This is the one that will cut a card out with a window in it.  It comes with the curly label window but I also bought one of the accessory sets which had the heart in it.  You do need the die for this.  If you run just the heart piece through, it does not cut anything.  I simply placed the heart in the middle of the opening and placed a piece of Basic Black card stock on top.  I ran it through and out came a heart.  I did this twice.  I then used the full heart punch to punch out a Whisper White and designer paper heart.  For the groom, I took the Whisper White heart and cut it down to form the "shirt"  I adhered it using runner adhesive to the black heart.  I then tied a know in a piece of black grosgrain ribbon for the tie and used a black marker for the buttons.  If you have black pearls you could use those for the buttons.  For the bride, I took the designer heart and attached it to the black heart with runner adhesive.  I chose to add the rhinestones to the "dress" but I could have left them off.  I have also used pearls on it before but did not like the look with the silver glitter.  I attached the bride and groom to the card using dimensionals.


For the greeting, I turned to my Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  I stamped it on Basic Black card stock using VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with silver embossing powder.  I then punched it out using the Modern Label punch, attached it using dimensionals, and added a rhinestone at each end of it.  

For the inside message, I used the Word Play stamp set.  I stamped the message on Whisper White card stock using VersaMark ink and heat embossed it using silver embossing powder.  I punched it out using the 1 3/4" circle punch and layered it on top of a Basic Black scallop circle punched out using the 2 1/2" scallop circle punch.   I then attached it to the inside of the card using runner adhesive and added a rhinestone.

I wish Mike and Becky only the best and hope their marriage is a long one.  If they are 1/100th as happy as I am with my hubby, they will succeed!!

Thanks for dropping in today to see this special card.  I do hope you will come back by tomorrow to see what I do next.  (Wish I knew.  Hopefully the inspiration fairy will drop by with ideas.)  See you tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment