CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, February 20, 2012

Little Green Men

Now I am not referring to aliens here.  I am thinking of those little Irish men who show up every march and are sometimes up to no good.  Do you know who they are?  Leprechauns of course.  I have really been in a punch art mood for the last few days so I thought why not make a little leprechaun face from punches.  So let me show you my creation.


Well what do you think?  Let's start at the beginning and then we will take a closer look at him.  My base card for this one is Daffodil Delight.  I love the brightness of this color.  It makes me think of spring.  Next I added a layer of Whisper White card stock.  I ran it through the big shot using the Stripes impression folder.  I added some Garden Green ink to the edge of the white prior to adhering it.  The stamp I used is a retired one called Go Green.  It is one of the single stamps that you can order, well you could order this one a couple of years ago.  Anyway, it is stamped using Garden Green ink on white and then punched out using the decorative label punch.  I created a frame for it with Garden Green card stock using the same punch.  It is adhered using dimensionals and a rhinestone was added to the center of the shamrock.  For my little man's head, I wanted to use one of the new framelits sets called the Labels Collection.   I used 2 different sized of labels.  I cut a larger one out of Garden Green and then one size under it from Daffodil Delight.  I took the daffodil one and ran it through the big shot using the Square Lattice impression folder.   Now let's look at the man himself.


I made the head and the hat using the 1 3/8" circle punch.  For his band around the hat, I punched another 1 3/8" circle in Basic Black and cut it to fit.  The buckle part I cut free hand.  The brim of the hat is a word window punch.  The hat was made using Wild Wasabi.  The ears and nose were punched with the circle punch from the itty bitty punch pack.  Those as well as the face were made from Blushing Bride card stock.  For the hair and moustache, I used Poppy Parade card stock.  The hair is a 1 3/4" scallop circle while the moustache is from the blossom petal builder punch.  It is the smallest petal.  It took 2 to make it.  The eyes are Pacific Point card stock.  The were punched with the owl builder punch.  The black of the eyes was punched using a 1/4" circle punch.  I added white gel pen to his nose and eyes and drew the mouth on using a fine tip black marker.  Not bad for my first leprechaun!

I hope you all had a nice weekend.  I am sad to say I was stuck with my migraine headache for most of the weekend.  I still found time to be creative and to laugh.  Tomorrow, I will continue with the St. Patrick's Day theme.  Please come back to see my card.  Thanks for dropping by today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment