CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Springtime Card

Here in Phoenix, it already feels like spring.  Sometimes we get lucky and actually have a winter that feels cold and brisk.  This year however, it has felt more like fall stayed and now spring is here.  Perhaps some of the storms they keep showing off the west coast will appear here and we will get to be cold just one more time. 

With the springtime feel in the air, I found myself gravitating towards the pastel colors this weekend.  So I decided why not get a start on my spring cards.  Today's is a birthday card I created.  My family has several spring birthdays so it will come in handy. 


The base card for this one is made using So Saffron card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I then took a piece of Whisper White to use for my first layer.  I cut it at 2 3/4" x 5 1/2".  Then I used my 1/2", 3/4" and 1" circle punches to punch holes in the various places on the strip.  Once I had the circles punched, I applied my VersaMark ink pad directly to the card stock and completely cover it.  I sprinkled white embossing powder with Dazzling Diamond glitter mixed in it all over the white card.  I then heat embossed it.  This added a nice texture and a little sparkle.  


For my greeting, I turned to a stamp I bought from a company named DeNami.  I love the loop look of the letters and the fact that it is vertical.  I used my stamp-a-ma-jig and stamped it using StazOn ink.  I then took my VersaMark ink pad and inked up the stamp again.  I used the stamp-a-ma-jig again and stamped right over the StazOn .  It is off set just a little creating that shadow look.  I did heat emboss it using Iridescent Ice embossing powder.  

Last but not least, I wanted to add the butterflies.  I took out my Beautiful Wings embosslit die and my big shot.  I cut out butterflies using Marina Mist, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, and Perfect Plum.   Based on the size of the holes, I placed butterflies that fit in them.  I chose not to add any glitter to them (I know you are shocked) but I actually did not think they needed any.

I like the simplicity of this card.  It was quick to make and looks great.  Give it a try.  

That's it for today.  I will be back with another spring theme card tomorrow.  Have a wonderful Monday and I will see you tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments:

Post a Comment