CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

You're A Mean One..........

I bet you can guess who I am going to show you today just by the blog title alone.  If guessed the Grinch, you would be right.  I really enjoy learning to make new characters and when I come across a wonderful, creative person who offers tutorials, I usually jump at the chance to learn from them.  I learned to make the Grinch from Bonnie Mountford.  I happened to come across her blog, saw a picture of the Grinch and bought her tutorial to learn how to make it myself.  Now since I purchased this and since she is the author, I am not allowed to include the instructions on how to make him.  I would encourage you to visit her blog.  She offers some tutorials for free while others are for sale at a reasonable price.  Anyway let's move on to my card for today.


This is of course the Grinch after he realized Christmas is not so bad.  While I cannot tell you how to make him, I will go over the rest of the card.  I started with Real Red cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  Cut a layer of Whisper White at 4" x 5 1/4 " and set aside.  Using Basic Black card stock, you will need to cut out a 3 1/2" circle.  I used my 3 1/2" circle die for the big shot to do this.  Once you have your circle, adhere it to the white card stock with runner adhesive.  Then place this in the Snow Burst impression folder and run it through the big shot.  For my greeting, I happened to find a stamp in my Christmas stamp drawer that I felt was perfect.  The writing looks whimsical to me and seemed to fit a Dr. Seuss character.  It is not from SU!.  I stamped it using Real Red ink on Whisper White, punched it out with a 1 3/8" circle punch, and sponged the edges with Real Red ink.  I then punched out a 1 3/4" scallop circle and ran it through the big shot with the Snow Burst impression folder.  Layer the white on this.  Place the Grinch on the black circles using dimensionals.  Then add your greeting using dimensionals.  

Here is a close up of the Grinch.  Even though I cannot tell you how to make him, I wanted to be sure you got a close look.  He looks so sweet here, just like Cindy Loo Who said.  When it came to the greeting inside, I was stumped.  I wanted something that would be really appropriate for him.  I really did not think I had anything to use.  I had just about given up when I came across the perfect stamp.

Isn't it perfect?!!  It comes from the stamp set called Tags til Christmas.  I stamped it with Real Red ink on white and punched it out with my scallop square.  It is also edged with Real Red ink.  
I hope you enjoyed this card.  Be sure to visit Bonnie's blog to find the tutorial.  She is very talented.  Tomorrow I will show you something else you can do with all the little faces.  Thanks for popping in today.  See you later.


No comments:

Post a Comment