CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, November 11, 2011

The Happy Couple

Have you ever had one of those days when you just feel like you can do nothing right?  Well, I am having one of those myself today.  Most of the time, it is all in my head and if I would look at things realistically I would see I am not a complete failure, a partial failure maybe, but not a total.  I sure hope I get rid of this blue feeling soon.  Oh well.  Let's move on.

I finally sat down and made a Mrs. Claus punch art face and then put a card together!!  Miracles do happen.  I avoided my stamp shelf until I needed a greeting for my card.  This is really a basic card mostly because I just cannot shake the blues and this was all I could come up with right now.  However, I must say it is cute.


The base card for this one is 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2" in Whisper White.  I put a layer of Garden Green cut at 4" x 5 1/4" through the big shot using the Snow Burst impression folder.  The greeting is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  I stamped it in Real Red on Whisper White.  I punched it out using the word window.  I then punched a modern label out of Real Red and layered the white on top of it.  It is adhered to the card using dimensionals.  Now to the people!!

Here is the man of the hour himself, Santa.  Ever since I was a little girl, I have loved Santa.  Making him using punches was so much fun.  His hat is made with the wide oval punch.  The red part is embossed with the Snow Burst impression folder.  It is turned perpendicular to the  the white one.  The face is the large oval in Blushing Bride.  His mustache is made using the wings from the bird builder punch, while the beard is the ornament punch.  I ran the beard through the big shot with the Elegant Lines impression folder before attaching it to the face.  The eyes, nose and mouth are all from the 1/4" circle hand punch.  Layer your hat first and then add the face.  Place your beard next.  Using the top of the ornament as a guide, place an eye on each side.  Add the mustache with dimensionals and then put the nose on them where they meet.  Slip the mouth underneath and he is complete.  Add white gel pen to highlight the eyes.  Add dazzling diamond glitter to the brim of his hat if you like.  I added a pom pom ball to the hat to complete the look for me. 


Mrs. Claus is also pretty easy to make.  Her face is a 1 3/4" circle punch in Blushing Bride.  For her collar, I used the 1 3/4" scallop circle.  I did trim off some of the scallops to make the collar look right.  Her nose and black eyes are a 1/4" circle hand punch.  For the whites of her eyes, I used the medium circle from the owl builder punch.   For her hair, I punched out a 1 3/4" circle in Whisper White.  Cut it in half.  You will only need one half to do this.  On the flat side of the half circle, trim it to make her bangs.  Her bun is a 1 1/4" circle in Whisper White.  To make the ribbon for her, I punched another 1 1/4" circle in Real Red and then re-punched it to make it smaller.  It is layered on the white bun and then positioned behind the head.  I added red glitter to the ribbon, dazzling diamond glitter to the collar, white gel pen to the eyes, and drew on a mouth with a fine tip black pen.  I think she is beautiful!  I will confess that when I made another one of her I did add a couple of things.  I added ears using the medium circle of the owl builder punch and I put little rhinestone earrings on her ears.  I will try to get another card made with the new version of her for you to see. 

Once again, we are at the end of the week.  I will be prepping more punch art and cards for my upcoming class on the 19th.  If you are interested in coming, email me.  Cost is $10.  Class is from 10 am to noon, followed by an afternoon crop from noon to 4 pm.  

I wish you all a wonderful weekend.   To all the veterans out there, thank you for your service.  I will be back on Monday.  Thanks for stopping by today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment