CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Do You Recognize This Guy?

A few months ago, I posted a card with a punch art Jessica Rabbit on my blog.  I had a thought of how to make her and decided to give it a try.  Let me show you the card again before we go on.


The idea of which punches to use was pretty easy.  I remember in that post saying I wanted to try to make Roger Rabbit at some time.  Well, the time has finally come.  Now I was a little nervous to do him because he is one character with a lot of personality.  I am hoping you will leave me feedback so that I will know what you think of him.  So let's start with the star of the card himself.


Well, what do you think?  For a first attempt I thought it was pretty good.  The colors of card stock  used are whisper white, real red, pacific point, marina mist, bashful blue, daffodil delight, pumpkin pie and pretty in pink.  I am going list the punches I used to make him because it will be easier:
Ears - word window; ; punch in white and then punch only 3/4 of a word window on the card stock edge horizontally in red;  I then cut them at an angle after I layered the red on white and adhered them together so I could bend the ears; add a small piece of pink to highlight the ears
Hair - blossom builder punch; cut small piece out to make it look like hair
Head - Retired small oval; you could use the new small oval and trim it so it is not so wide
Cheeks -  wide heart from the heart to heart punch; cut in half and angle them out
Eyes - owl builder; you will need to trim the large and medium circles to layer them together; use the small circles just as they are
Nose - punched corner of card stock using the word window; trim to shape you want;  it is layered on a word window that I punched then reinserted  and punched again to make it shorter; then trim it to smaller size if you want
Tooth - piece of scrap paper
Tongue - small heart punch
Bowtie - smallest heart on the heart to heart punch with medium circle from the owl builder in the center; dots are the smallest circle of the owl builder
Arms - heart to heart punch; use the hole made when you punched the one for the cheeks; offset punch from where you punched the cheeks out and punch for an arm then repeat to make second arm
Hands - boho blossom punch; I trimmed the flower to form the wrist
Feet -  small oval punch punched on edge of card stock; repeat for second foot
Body/Overalls - petite pennant punch; punch one in red and one in white; I used the one with scalloped edges and trimmed the scallops off; with the white one, I trimmed it so it would fit behind the red but stick up above the red just a little for his body as well as a place to attach the cheeks; you will need to cut the top off the red one about 1/4" for the overalls
Overall Straps -  retired horizontal slot punch and owl builder punch; use scraps of red if you do not have the slot punch; buttons are the small circles from the owl builder

As for the black dots in his eyes, his eyebrows, the whiskers, and the separation of toes, fingers, and pants, I used a fine tip black marker.  I also added highlights with a white gel pen to his ears, eyes, nose and buttons.  To make sure Roger stood out on the card, I adhered him to a piece of basic black card stock.  I then trimmed around him to add that highlight look to him.  He is then attached to the card using dimensionals.


The greeting I chose is from the stamp set Curly Cute.  I used my SU! markers to color the letters so I could get the rainbow effect.  It is stamped on whisper white and edged with pacific point ink.  I then layered it on basic black and used my 1" square punch to punch the ends of the black.  I also curled it using a pen so in person it looks wavy.  


The base card for this one is done with pacific point.  The layer on top is whisper white and has been run through the big shot using a non-SU! impression folder.  I like the grouping of the circles.  I chose to watercolor them using my blender pens and a variety of colors (daffodil delight, real red, pacific point, marina mist, pumpkin pie, melon mambo, garden green and wisteria wonder).  I love the completed look of this one.  

Please leave me some feedback to let me know what you think of this one.  I really want to know your thoughts.  I look forward to reading your comments.

Thanks for stopping by today and please come back tomorrow!!





1 comment:

  1. This looks awesome! My sister is having her 40th birthday this week and this is her fav movie! I got to try and do it! I just hope mine comes out looking like rodger! Lol. You really outdid yourself.

    ReplyDelete