CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Another Use For Faces

My sister was over last weekend spending the day with me.  She works a lot so it is always nice when she had a day free to have lunch and goof around.  Even as adults we need to have fun.  We were sitting in my craft room looking at all the faces of the elves and Santa and Mrs. Claus and the Grinch.  I told her I had an idea of how to make a body for Mrs. Claus.  Well that idea turned into what I am about to share with you today.  I guess two brains are better than one. 


Ornaments!!!  They work great to make ornaments.  All you need is the head and a 2 1/2" circle punch.  I think they look wonderful.  Believe it or not, my mom had these satin green balls for out tree when I was little that had elf heads on them.  When I put that green guy together, all those memories came back.  They were some of my favorite decorations and I am thrilled to now be able to create a similar ornament to keep the memories going.  

As you can see, I did run each ball through the big shot using different embossing folders.  Some of them are from SU! while some are not.  For most of the ornaments, once the balls were embossed I glued the heads on, laid them aside to dry and then punched an 1/8" circle into the top.  I used silver elastic cord from SU! to string them with.  Now Mrs. Claus needed one extra step.  You see when you glue her head to the ball and then look at the back, she looks bald.  I could not have her missing hair especially since where I hung her you can see both sided of her.  So I punched a circle in Whisper White the same size as her face and glued it to the back of her head.  Then she had hair in the back.  I was much happier with her then.  


The Grinch's face comes down farther on the ball than the others.  This is just because his face is so long.  He still looks good.  I enjoy coming into my craft room and seeing these hanging off the garland over the half wall.  
Well, that is enough for today.  I am off to finish laundry and clean some.  I also need to decide what to share with you tomorrow.  Wonder what I will do?  Guess you will have to come back to find out if I manage to come up with anything tomorrow.  Thanks for dropping in today.  See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. this are so cute, do you think you could send me the punch sizes or shapes used for the heads.

    Thanks Maureen

    ReplyDelete