CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Snow time

Here is sunny Phoenix, we do not usually see snow.  We can travel north to the Flagstaff area and play for a day but it is really rare to see snowflakes here.  I will say however that it has happened.  Many times especially as we get closer to Christmas, I wish I could be where the snow is.  I remember rolling up big snowballs when I was little and making a snowman with my brother and sister.  I do miss those times.  We seem to always have a bright sunny day for Christmas.

I pulled out a binder that I put unmounted stamps in to go through the other night.  I came across this little guy and just had to share him with you. 


Is he not one of the sweetest little snowmen you have ever seen?  Now he is not a Stampin' Up! stamp but I still think he is wonderful.  I love his presents and his festive hat.  Let's start at the beginning though with the base card.  The base is Pacific Point card stock.  I then took a piece of Bashful Blue to layer on top of it.  Before putting it on, I stamped snowflakes (another non-SU! stamp) all over it in VersaMark.  Using a white embossing powder with silver glitter in it, I heat embossed the snowflakes.  Once it was finished, I adhered it to the Pacific Point.  Taking a scrap of Whisper White, I tore several strips to place across the bottom of the card to form my layers of snow.  I added dazzling diamond glitter to the top edge of each layer.  My snowman was then attached using dimensionals.  

Here we can see him a littler closer.  I started him by stamping him with StazOn ink on Whisper White card stock.  I added color to him using colored pencils.  Once I finished coloring, I cut him out.  I added some Stickles glitter glue to highlight the snowman as well as the presents.  You can also see that I used the Dazzling Details glitter glue to add snowballs falling in the sky.  As I said before, he is attached to the card using dimensionals.


When I was ready to add a greeting to my card, I could not find what I wanted.  So I turned to my handy big shot machine.  I used the Decorative Strip called Billboard to cut letters out of Pacific Point card stock.  I decided to make the word "PEACE".  I found my letters in capitals, ran the strip through again to get a second "E", glued the letters to the card, and added some dazzling diamond glitter to highlight them.  
I have so much fun coming up with Christmas Cards.  I hope you enjoyed this one.  I will return tomorrow with another card.  See you then and thanks for popping in today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment