CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, November 14, 2011

Festive Elves

Last week I shared with you the stack of Christmas faces I had made using punches.  I used the Santa and his Mrs. on a card so you could see how just a face can be used to decorate.  Sometimes I think people feel the need to create an entire character, body and all, to use them on a card.  However, that is simply not true.  So today, I wanted to share my little elf faces with you.  So here we go.


I love these guys.  They are so cute!!  I don't know if you remember, but I did share a card a few weeks ago with an elf on the front.  The face of that elf is the same as this one.  It's just I left the body off.  I decided to make my elves using Real Red and Garden Green card stock for the hats.  I think you need a closer look at one of these little guys.

During the adding glitter portion of the card making, I always seem to get glitter on sections that I do not believe needs it.  You can see this time I ended up with a little glitter on the eyes.  Now I do not know about you but when I think of Santa's elves working on toys in their shop, I always picture them as being jolly and even sparkly.  For me, the glitter works no matter where it ends up.  One way you could change the look of this little elf is to emboss his hat using an impression folder and your big shot.  I chose not to this time but who knows about the future.  

I wanted to show you a close up of the background for this card.  I looked and looked for designer paper to use and could not find just what I wanted.  So I created my own.  I started with a piece of Whisper White card stock.  I took some scrap Real Red and Garden Green and punched out 1/2", 3/4", and 1" circles.  I then laid them out on the white until I found the pattern I was happy with.  I attached them to the white using my runner adhesive.  Once all circles were secure, I ran it through the big shot using the Snow Burst impression folder.  The neat thing about this technique is the card stocks all meld together.  It's just so neat.
Tomorrow I will share another card with a face only.  I am not telling who it is but I think you will like it.  So until then, thanks for stopping by and I will see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment