CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, November 28, 2011

It's Dasher Again!!

I hope all of you survived your Thanksgiving weekend.  Are you tired of left overs yet?  My dad actually told me he bought a smaller turkey to cook this year because he did not want the left overs.  Here at my house, I always make more than needed to be sure we have them.  I can honestly say I am not tired of them yet.  They are almost gone so I think I might actually miss them.  I spend part of the day Friday working on cards and part of it pulling out Christmas stuff.  I love doing that.  Saturday was lots of fun.  Both my girls and their boyfriends came over to have a cook out and build gingerbread houses.  It is always so much fun and a little competitive.  Sunday was a day of watching the Red Zone.  It was so nice just to be with my husband.  

Today I thought I would share a card made with one of my prettiest Christmas stamps.  I used Dasher again for this one.  The stamp itself is so pretty on its own that it really needs no other embellishments.  Let me show you how I did him this time.


I started by stamping him using VersaMark ink on Hunter Green card stock.  I then heat embossed him with white powder.  The green is layered on Basic Black and then on Bravo Burgundy.  The uniqueness of this card is that it is not made using card stock.  Can you guess what I used from the picture?


The actual card is made from acetate.  You can pick this up at local craft stores or at your local office supply store.  If you go the the office supply store, these are not called acetate.  They are overhead projector transparencies.  To start this card, I cut the acetate at 4 1/4" x 11".  Score it at 5 1/2" using your bone folder.  I then got out my StazOn ink in white.  You can get this through Stampin' Up!.   The main reason you need to use the StazOn is because it is fast drying ink.  You do not want to smear your snowflakes.  The snowflake stamp used comes from the retired set Sparkly and Bright.  I repeated the layers of the front colors on the inside of the card.  I put a set on the same side as Dasher, back to back.  I stamped a greeting on this side.  Then I placed the next set of layers on the opposite side, carefully lining them up to match the first side.  I left this one blank so that I could write a short message.  
This is just a different type of card to make.  Some like it, some do not.  What do you think?  Leave me a comment and let me know.  

That's it for today.  I hope you all are off to a great week.  Come back tomorrow and thanks for stopping by today.



No comments:

Post a Comment