CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Who Does Whatever A Spider Can?

Spiderman of course!!!  Yesterday was our daughter's boyfriend's bitthday.  I am still getting to know him so when I asked my daughter what to make him for a card she said Spiderman.  Well, I am not really up to date on making him and turned to my handy internet for help.  I want to say a big thank you to Tami White for helping me with this.  I came across a video on a card that I thought looked pretty cool.  So I cased it for his card.  Are you ready to see it?


Now one of the main attractions to this card for me was the creative use of the the web impression folder.  But let's start at the beginning shall we.  I started with a base card of Pacific Point cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  Next I added a layer of Whisper White cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  After that came another layer this time in Basic Black.  It is cut at 3 3/4" x 5".  Now I was ready to take on making his face. 


As I said before, this is an extremely creative use of the web impression folder.  I started with a piece of Poppy Parade card stock cut at 3 1/2" x 4 3/4".  I chose the Poppy color instead of red because to me it looked more like the Spiderman color I remember.  I placed this piece in the web impression folder, centering the web as best as I could.  Then I ran it through the big shot.  Using my Basic Black classic ink pad, I brushed it over the top of the raised side of the impression making sure not to push down.  The idea is to highlight the web.  Of course, you inevitably get some on the other parts but it just adds character to the card.  I then adhered it to the black layer of the card using my runner adhesive.  The eyes were make using the ovals die for the big shot.  The smallest oval was cut in white, while the medium oval was cut in black.  I then trimmed the white ones into the shape I wanted.  Once I had it, I used it as a guide to cut the black ovals down to match.  Then adhere the white to the black and attach to the "face" of the card.  
A very simple card but I thought is was wonderful looking.  Thanks again Tami.  I am off to clean my house to get ready for Thursday.  Tomorrow is food prep day.  I can hardly wait to eat all that turkey!

Thanks for stopping by today.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment