CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Dasher Rides Again!!

Yesterday, I shared with you all the little punch art characters I have been making to use on Christmas cards.  I set out to try Mrs. Claus and do some reindeer heads to add to the collection.  My plan was to make those and then make a card using some of the characters.  However, on my way to my punches, I passed by my stamp shelf and noticed my stamp called Dasher.  I remember when SU! started including single stamps for sale, this was one in the first group.  I fell in love with this stamp and could not wait to order it.  So seeing it on the shelf, I felt this pull to use it once again.  Of course, I did which meant the other project flew out the window (and it wasn't even open!).  Let me share Dasher with you now and you too will be enchanted by him.


Here is the card I came up with for him to adorn.  I started by cutting out a top note in Night of Navy card stock using my big shot and the top note die.  I then stamped Dasher onto this, more to the right side, using VersaMark ink so I could heat emboss him with silver embossing powder.  The ribbon across the bottom is a non-Stampin' Up! item.  The craft stores always seem to get the cutest ribbon at the holidays.  I just could not resist.  Using my paper trimmer for a guide, I scored the top not about an 1" in from the left side.  I then attached the ribbon across the bottom of it so the words would show.  Using Whisper White card stock, I cut a piece to be 4" x 5 1/4" and ran it through the big shot using the impression folder called Snow Burst (it's in the holiday mini).  I folded the left side of the top note where I scored it and attached the folded flap to the back of the white.  Then adhere the rest to the front.  Now I did this before stamping the snow flakes so I could be sure of exactly where I wanted to stamp them.  The stamp I used is not from SU!.  It is one I got years ago.  I stamped them with VersaMark ink and heat embossed them using white embossing powder.  The white card stock was then adhere to a Bashful Blue card.  


The greeting comes from the stamp set Perfect Punches.  It is stamped onto a piece of Whisper White card stock using VersaMark ink and heat embossed using silver embossing powder.  Once cooled, which only takes about 10 seconds, I punched it out using the 1 3/4" scallop circle punch.  I attached it to the rest of the card using dimensionals.  You could choose to edge the circle with Night of Navy ink to help it stand out but I chose not to this time.  
Well now you know what I did instead of the project I said I would do.  I am going to give it my best shot not the become distracted again and actually do my punch art card.  I guess I better stay away from my stamps.  Tune in tomorrow to see how I do!!  Until then, thanks for dropping by today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment