CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Preparing For The Holidays

Yesterday I decided to start preparing for the holidays by practicing my dressing recipe.  I tweeked it just a little and made it homemade instead of buying the bread or prepared boxes.  I must say it turned out pretty well and even my daughter, one of my hardest critics, liked it.  It also really got me in the mood for turkey and all the trimmings having to smell it baking.  I also had to take all the Halloween decorations down to get ready to put my harvest ones up.  Needless to say, I did not have much time for crafting.  So no card to share for today.  However, I will share a couple of other items with you.

Last weekend my husband and I hosted a potluck dinner for his CERT group.  CERT stands for Community Emergency Response Team.  They are trained to help in times of disaster.  My husband and his partner, Paul, do all the training of them.  Anyway, one of the members brought along a treat for everyone.  I wanted to share it with you in case you are looking for something easy to make for a party or gift.


These are chocolate covered pretzel sticks.  We make these at my house every year.  These were made by Pat Turner.  She took the pretzels once they were solid and placed them in individual cellophane bags.  Cellophane bags like these are currently available in the holiday mini.  You get a package of 50 for $2.50.  Once they were in the bag, she chose a couple of colors of ribbon that were harvest looking and used an embellishment on each one.  Now for me, I do these for Christmas so I would more than likely use Real Red and Garden Green ribbon and make little owl Santas to embellish with on the package.  Easy to make and so cute to give to others.  (By the way, they tasted good too!!)


Here is a the other project I worked on yesterday.  I made a bunch of punch art Santas, elves, and poinsettias to use on Christmas cards.  I will be doing a class later this month and these are what we will be making.  I hope to do a couple of more designs like a reindeer head and Mrs. Santa Clause too.  I hope to have time in the next couple of days to work on those.  Anyway I have not just been sitting around eating those pretzels.  These little guys are so much fun to make!
Hopefully I will have a new card to share tomorrow.  My husband has a meeting tonight so maybe I will get time to craft.  Thanks for stopping by today and I will see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment