CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, April 15, 2011

Simple Pop-Up Card

The other day, I shared with you a pop-up princess card I made for my niece.  It is one of the more difficult types of card that I make due to the crazy folds and making sure all the pieces inside fold the right way.  Today I though I would share a simple pop-up card that anyone can make. I chose to do a birthday theme because it always seems birthdays come up and catch off guard.  Now I have this is reserve.


I used a stamp set from Stampin' Up! called Crazy for Cupcakes (there's that cupcake theme again).  I also am a fan of polka dots.  They are just fun to look at.  My base card is Crumb Cake cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  They layer is Concord Crush, one of the In-Colors cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  I used  Crumb Cake, Concord Crush, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, and Very Vanilla for the dots.  They were punched in 3 sizes - 3/4"circle, 1/2" circle, and the circle from the itty bitty punch pack.  Since the layer is Concord Crush, I did not punch that color in 3/4".  The cupcakes were stamped on Very Vanilla and colored using the Stampin' Markers.  It was then trimmed out and adhered to the front with dimensionals.

Now for the inside.


I carried the theme from the front in here with the polka dots.  The cupcake is from the same stamp set, stamped, colored and cut out.  Now lets talk about the pop-up part of the card.  I cut a piece of Concord Crush at 5 1/4" x 8", scored at 4".  I then used my word window punch to make the pop-up.  Simply push the word window into the middle of the card, lining up the score line with the center of the punch.  Punch it out.  Then repeat it on the other side.  Use a stylus to connect the punches in the center of the card and push the middle out.  That's it.  Very basic but it adds dimension to your card.  I put adhesive on the bottom portion of the cupcake and adhered it to the pop-up part.  A friend of mine first showed me how to do this and I wanted to share it with all of you.  I did want to share a close up of the Happy Birthday tag with you.

I created it using the decorative label punch.  The layers are (from top to bottom) Very Vanilla, Concord Crush, and Crumb Cake.  Stamp your greeting and punch it out.  Then punch 2 of each of the other colors.  Cut one of each color lengthwise, and the other of each color width wise.  You will need to trim a little off each piece but then you can layer it and create a framed effect.  Since you have the layers it elevates the tag.  No need for dimensionals.  

Well that's it for this Friday.  Have a great weekend and be sure to stop by Monday.  Thanks for dropping by today.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment