CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

More Sneak Peeks

Today I wanted to continue to share some more items from the Summer Mini Catalog which goes live on Sunday, May 1st.  I found so many cute items in it.  I had a hard time deciding which ones to order.  So I decided as far as stamps, I would stick with one theme: summer fun.

Yesterday I shared the surf boards from the Summer Splash set.  Today, lets take a look at another stamp set called Sunny Fun.  This set contains 5 stamps: 2 sayings and 3 summer theme stamps (flip flops, frozen treats, and tubing children).  I chose to work with the tubing children for today mainly because it reminds me of my family.  My husband and oldest daughter, Heather, love to go tubing down the Salt Lake River.  Heather and her friends seem to go almost every year.  My husband not as much, but he loves it.  So this reminded me of them.



Of course, in reality the only child in this group who is positioned right to tube the river is the first boy with star glasses.  The river is not deep enough for the other ways.  Don't they just look like they are having the best time?  This stamp made me smile when I saw it.  The little saying "fun in the sun!" is one of the sayings from this stamp set.  I used  Marina Mist for my base card, with a layer of Crumb Cake on top of it.  I ran the Crumb Cake through my crimper to give it some texture before adhering it.  The kids are trimmed with Cajun Craze which had been punched on each side with the Scallop Edge Border punch.  The flowers are also from a new punch in the Summer Mini.  They are punched in Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist, and Pear Pizzazz.  I bet you might be wondering what the new punch is called.  Well, I am going to leave that for tomorrow.  It is a really cool punch and does so much.  It is one of 2 of this new type and I will share both tomorrow.  Now lets look at how I colored the kiddos.


I decided to go to one of my favorite ways to add color to bring this stamp to life:  watercoloring.  Now there are several ways you can do this:  you can use the watercolor crayons or pencils, use the aqua painters with your ink pads, or use the blender pens with your ink pads.  My prefered method is the blender pens.  To start, you stamp the image in Staz-On ink so there will be no bleeding when the water touches it.  I realize the paper resembles the Very Vanilla cardstock which I did use to stamp the saying on, but it is actually Watercolor Paper.  You can use regular cardstock to do this method.  I simply like the high quality of the watercolor paper and the final look you get with it.  Now the thing that probably surprises you the most about this card is the fact that there is no glitter on it!  Can you believe it?  I will have to rethink this design.  I am sure glitter would fit in somewhere!  All the supplies for this card are from Stampin' Up!, including the brads.  I love their products!!
Tomorrow I will show you the new punches.  I hope you enjoyed this card today.  With temperatures in the 90's we here in Arizona are all ready to play in the pool!  Thanks for coming by today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment