CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Cake

The other day, I shared with you a wedding cake made of 3 tiers for a wedding card.  Today I wanted to show you how you can take the same cake, use only 2 tiers and create a cute birthday cake for a card. 


Cute isn't it?  I used the bottom 2 tiers of the wedding cake only so I would have room to place some candles on the top.  While the tiers were made using scrap pieces of paper, the candles and polka dots were made using the Build A Cupcake punch.  This punch is so nice to use for a variety of punch art creations.  I used the dots from it and the candle and flame.  My color scheme is whisper white, tempting turquoise, and pumkin pie.  The glitter I used for the frosting came from the Stampin' Up!.  The turquoise glitter is part of the Fine Cosmo glitter set.  The orange comes from the Fine Supernova glitter set.  I punched the flames out of daffodil delight and added some dazzling diamond glitter to them.  It is easier to see in the close up of the cake.


I embossed the whisper white with the tulip frame and the pumpkin background with the perfect polka dots.  The tag is from the Tiny Tags stamp set.  I stamped the turquoise dots, then the 4 You using pumpkin pie.  I punch it out with the Jewelry Tag Medium.  It is attached to a piece of tempting turquoise 1/4" grosgrain ribbon with a gold brad.  Easy card to make and fun to look at.  Hope you like it.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment