CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cupcakes Anyone?

I am a big fan of cupcakes.  In fact in my house, if cake is to be had for birthdays, it is almost always cupcakes.  I love to watch cupcake food show such as Cupcake Wars on the Food Network and DC Cupcakes on TLC.  So imagine my excitement when Stampin' Up! put out their Create a Cupcake stamp set and Build a Cupcake punch.  By the way, they are both in the Occasions Mini catalog so if you like them, order soon.  The catalog expires May 1.  Of course I ordered both very quickly myself and have been in cupcake heaven since.  This is a card that I made using both tools, stamps and punch.


The "wrappers" on the cupcake and the frosting and sprinkles come from the stamp set.  I stamped the wrappers (Baja Breeze, Pink Pirouette, and Early Espresso), then used the punch to punch them out.  I then stamped the frosting in 3 colors (Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla, and Pink Pirouette)  added the sprinkles (Early Espresso), and punched them out.  Then simple layering put my cupcakes together.   The cherries are from the punch.  I used a scrap piece of real red card stock to get the color I wanted.   Even the hearts (stamped in Baja Breeze, Pink Pirouette, Early Espresso)  in the background are from the cupcake set.  The card stock is Very Vanilla, layered on a piece of Baja Breeze which has been embossed using an impressions folder called Perfect Polka Dots and the Big Shot.I stamped the Happy Birthday in Early Espresso on Very Vanilla card stock and punched it out with the Word Window punch.  I then layered that onto a piece of Early Espresso that was punched out with the Modern Label punch.  The base card is Pink Pirouette.  Simple but nice and easy to make.  Of course, you may crave cupcakes after this.  For that, I cannot be held responsible.  Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments:

Post a Comment