CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Princess Coach

Every little girl loves to think she is a princess.  They play dress up and have tea parties and love to go to Disneyland and actually meet the princesses.  Well, my niece, Miss Kara, is no exception.  She is a truly delightful little girl to be around and she does love the whole princess theme.  So for her birthday, I wanted to make her a card that would reflect this theme.  I decided Cinderella's coach was a good place to start.  Luckily, someone else had made a coach and I could look to theirs for some guidance (I just wish I could remember who it was).  After a lot of trial and error, I finally made one I thought looked pretty good.


I added the Princess sticker because I wanted Kara to know that she is a princess.  The coach was not hard to make at all.  I used the wide oval punch to make the body of the coach.  I had embossed the paper with my big shot using the Elegant Lines embossing folder.  I then used the Heart to Heart punch to get the upper part of the door from the small heart and the wide, medium sized heart.  I used the large oval (also known as 1 3/4" x 7/8") and trimmed it down for the door.  The "wheels" are from the Sizzlit die called Scribbles Swirls.  The "seats" for the coachman were made using the retired horizontal slot punch, but scrap paper would work too. 

Of course, I did not want to leave the card without a princess but Kara does not really have a favorite.  She loves them all.  So I used the sticker set the Princess sticker came from, and decided to make a princess pop-up card that had many of the princesses.



Just like always, I needed to add glitter.  I mean what card is complete without it?  So I glittered portions of the coach and glittered the inside border of the card.  Now since these are stickers, I did not want the parts that were free to stick to anything so I put baby powder on the back of these and then used glue dots to make sure the princesses stayed stuck to the card.  I love this card.  I have made a few pop-ups over the years but this one was so much fun and so special because of who it was for.  
Hope you enjoyed seeing this.  Be sure to stop in again and thanks for coming by today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment