CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, May 31, 2013

Welcome To The Owl League

Hi everyone and happy Friday.  Well it must have just been a hiccup in the system as far as my internet goes.  It finally started working just fine yesterday and I had absolutely no difficulties with typing my blog!!!!! 

As promised, I took my Superman Owl, Batman Owl, Hulk Owl, and Spiderman Owl and put them on card for you to see.  I think I will just jump right in and start.  Here we go!!!!!!


I started with a base card of Real Red cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  For my layer I went with a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Crumb Cake.  I ran this through my big shot using the argyle impression folder.  I attached it to the card using runner adhesive.  I punched out 4 Whisper White squares using the 1 3/8" square punch (which is retiring).  I put these through the big shot using the cloudy day impression folder.  I then attached these to the base card using runner adhesive.  I attached my super hero owl to these squares using dimensionals.


I wanted a name for my owl heroes so I opted to call them the Owl League.  Now I know very well that while Batman and Superman are part of the Justice League, Hulk and Spiderman are not.  They are from Marvel comics and run with the Avengers.  Anyway, in Owl World, all super heroes work together.  I punched a 1" circle out of Daffodil Delight and wrote the name of their group on it using black marker.  I attached it to the center of the card with runner adhesive.  Now I think next time I would either layer this onto a black circle or sponge the edges with black ink.


The final touch for my card are the words.  When I was trying to decide what to do to complete the look, I started thinking about the old Batman television show and cartoons and how they always put those silly words up when the hero fought with the villain.  I chose four words:  Wham, Biff, Zap and Pow.  I cut the letters out using the retired Billboard decorative strip to cut the letters out.  I wanted to do a shadow effect so I cut them out of Daffodil Delight and Basic Black card stock.  They are layered together using a 2 way glue pen and attached them to the card with the same pen.  All in all I think this makes a great card for a man or a boy.  

Well we have once again reached the end of a week.  We have also reached the end of a month.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and do something fun.  I plan to make a few cards so I should have one to share on Monday.  Thanks for stopping by today and I will see you next week (or should I say next month).  See you later!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment