CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Super Hero that Almost Beat Me!!

Hi everyone and happy Tuesday!!!  At least I hope it is happy.  I am taking my sister to the doctor this morning to get her cast off.  Hopefully everything will look good and she will go into a walking boot.  Worse case would be she would be put back into a cast.  We are truly hoping that will not be the case.  I will let you know how it turns out tomorrow.

A while back, I saw a punch art character made by a lady named Anita.  I do not know her last name.  Anyway, I have always wanted to try to make this character and decided to give it a go.  I had no idea how hard this one would be.  Ready to meet this one? 


Well here he is.  It is Batman in case you could not tell.  I do apologize for I forgot to rotate the photo so you have to see him sideways right now.  He took me so long to make that I did not even try to get him onto a card.  Now maybe it's just me but I think he looks a little off.  Maybe it's because his legs look so short.  I don't know.  Something just doesn't seem right about him.  If you figure it out, please tell me.  For now, let's break him down.


Wow this photo is a little blurry.  This is the upper half of Batman.   I am going to do a list of punches after the bottom half photo that way I can list everything at once.


Head - owl punch; you will need to cut the eyes and mouth out (I did this free hand)
Face - 1" square trimmed to fit
Top of Cape - large oval
Cape - I cut this out free hand also
Chest - wide oval; cut and reshape with 5 petal flower punch or star punch
Lower Chest - wide oval; reshape with wide oval on each side to narrow for the waist
Shorts - wide oval; reshape again with the wide oval on each side to make leg openings
Legs - 2 large ovals
Boots - 2 large ovals
Shoes - 2 small ovals; 3/4" circle (2) flattened on bottom
Belt - 1/4" x 1" strip with a 3/4" x 1/2" pieces for bags and buckle
Upper Arm - small oval (2 for each arm)
Bottom arm - large oval
Glove - large oval reshaped
Hand - 1" oval

I will try to find the blog that had this character on it so that I can refer you to it for more detailed instructions.  I will be honest and tell you this one really challenged me today.  It is definitely one for the advanced punch artist to try.  

Well that's it for today.  I will return tomorrow with a much more sensible project to share with you.  Thanks for stopping by today!!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment