CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Valentine's Day Is Coming!!!

Happy Thursday!!!  It is hard to believe that we are already 10 days into January.  Where does the time go?  I do hope your year is off to a great start.  Mine seems to have been a bit busy but so far so good.

In just over a month we will be celebrating Valentine's Day.  So I thought I would start putting a few cards together to share with you that you could use for that special day.  They can also be used as anniversary cards or just to say "I love you" cards.  The inspiration for this card is from a card I saw on Pintrest the other day.  It was made originally by Lynn Pratt.  I fell in love with it and  I had to give it a try myself.  Of course, I changed mine just a little.  I hope you like how it turned out.  Let's get started.


I do hope you can tell the theme for this card was S'Mores.  I started with a base card of Crumb Cake card stock measuring 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I then added a piece of Chocolate Chip card stock cut at 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  For the top layer, I chose another piece of Crumb Cake that is 4" x 5 1/2".  Now I know you cannot see it very well in the photo but I used my Chocolate Chip marker and drew a dotted line down the center of the piece.  I then sponged lightly over the top with Chocolate Chip ink.  Finally I added some dots.  This is my graham cracker.  Silly isn't it?  All layers are attached using runner adhesive.

For the greeting, I used the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  It is stamped using Chocolate Chip ink onto Very Vanilla card stock and punched it out using the word window punch.  I brushed the top of this with a sponge and Soft Suede ink.  I attached this to the card using runner adhesive.


Now on to the chocolate bar.  I started with a piece of Chocolate Chip card stock measuring 2 3/4" x 2 3/4".   Next I took another scrap of chocolate and punched out four 1" squares, leaving space between each of them.  I then punched 1 3/8" squares around the 1" openings.  I attached the 1 3/8" square frames to the base piece of chocolate using a 2 way glue pen.  I sponged over the top of this using the Chocolate Chip ink.  I then took the 1" squares and brushed the tops and edges with the chocolate ink.  I attached these to the card using dimensionals.  The legs are just scrap strips of Chocolate Chip card stock.  For the shoes, I used Melon Mambo card stock and the retired heart to heart punch.  I used the wide heart from this and trimmed one side.  The whites of the eyes are from the same punch.  It is the tall, skinny heart.  The bottom is trimmed off.  The black of the eyes was made using the 1/4" circle punch.  For the nose, I used Crumb Cake card stock punched using the word window punch.  I reinserted the piece into the word window and punched again to shorten the nose.  I added white gel pen to the eyes and nose.  The mouth was drawn on free hand using a black marker.  All pieces were attached together using liquid glue.  Once complete, I attached this to the card using dimensionals.


For the marshmallow I used Very Vanilla card stock.  Now I wanted it to have the appearance of being toasted so I used a sponge and Soft Suede ink.  I brushed over the top of the pieces with the ink and edged then with the sponge too.  For the top of the marshmallow, I used the large oval punch.  The main part of the body is made using the 2 1/2" circle punch with the sides trimmed flat for the marshmallow look.  The legs are simply scraps of vanilla and the shoes were made the same way as the chocolate bar's.  The only difference is I used Elegant Eggplant card stock.  The eyes are made like the chocolate bar's too.  For the nose, I used the chocolate card stock and the 1/2" circle punch.  I added white gel to the eyes and nose and drew the mouth on with black marker.  All pieces were assembled using liquid and the final completed piece was attached to the card using dimensionals.


For the inside greeting, I decided to write it myself.  I took a piece of Chocolate Chip and a piece of Very Vanilla card stock and cut out the hearts using the Heart Framelits and my big shot.  I ran the chocolate one through the big shot again using a heart impression folder and sponged the edges of both with chocolate ink.  I wrote the saying using the Chocolate Chip marker and attached it to the chocolate heart with runner adhesive.  The entire piece was attached to the inside of the card with runner adhesive too.  

Well that's it for today.  I will be back tomorrow with one more share for you.  Thanks for dropping by today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment