CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, January 25, 2013

Forever Sweethearts

Happy Friday to you all!!!  It has been a busy and exciting week around out house.  I had my 2 doctor appointments this week and our youngest daughter bought a new car.  We have had lots to celebrate and I am so happy for her.

Today's card is another Valentine card for you.  Now the inspiration for this one came from a sticker set I picked up at a craft store a while ago.  I was going through my stickers last month and happened to come across it.  I just knew I wanted to try it with punches.  Now it has taken me a until now to do it.  Well imagine my surprise when I ran across a card on Pinterest with this same design on it.  I did take a look at the card but went ahead and did my own. The designer on Pinterest was Melissa Banbury.  I wanted to be sure that I let you know her name so you can look for her card on Pinterest too.  Now let me show you my card.


Yes it is one of my favorite couples - Minnie and Mickey Mouse. They have been together for a very long time.  The sticker set had them sitting on a bench watching fireworks.  I wanted to change it up to fit Valentine's Day.  

I started with a base card of Cherry Cobbler cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I added a layer of Basic Black measuring 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  It's attached with runner adhesive.  For the top layer, I started with a piece of 4" x 5 1/4" Whisper White card stock.  I then used my pastels and a cotton ball to create a sky background for it.  I added a 1/2" x 4" strip of Crumb Cake card stock to the bottom with runner adhesive to represent the ground.  The entire piece was attached to the card with runner adhesive.  

The bench was made using a piece of Early Espresso card stock which had been run through the big shot using the woodgrain impression folder.  I cut a strip off for the bench.  I did not measure this.  To make the feet for the bench, I punched out a small oval and then punched a large oval off the side of it.  I did this twice.  I rounded the ends for the feet.   I added small hearts from the owl punch to the bench and used the small heart punch to put hearts all around them.  These were punched from Red Glimmer card stock and adhered with liquid glue.


As I begin to list the supplies used to make Minnie and Mickey, I will list punches used for both first and then list the individual one specific to each mouse.  The card stock colors for these are Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, and retired Blushing Bride.

Punches Used For Both:

Heads - 1 1/4" circle
Ears/Cheek - 3/4" circles
Arms/Mickey's Leg - Word Window (I know you can't really see Minnie's arms but they are there)

Minnie Mouse Specific:

Puffy Sleeves/Center of Bow - 1/2" circle
Outside Bow - Modern Label
Upper Dress - 3/4" circle
Lower Dress (Skirt) - retired Butterfly punch -- use half
Bloomers - 3/4" circle
Shoes - retired Heart to Heart 

All pieces were assembled using liquid glue.  Now I did not remember until after I had taken the photos and uploaded them that I wanted to add polka dots to her dress and bow.  I would do this using either the small circle from the owl punch, a white gel pen or little pearls.


Mickey Specific Punches:

Body - Large Oval
Shorts - Owl Builder
Hands/Shoes - Small Oval 

Again all pieces were assembled using liquid glue.  I attached the finished Minnie and Mickey on the bench to the card using dimensionals.

I know this is a lot to take in so if you have any questions, please feel free to email me.  I will do my best to give your more detailed instructions.

Well that's it for this week.  Thanks for stopping by today and have a fantastic weekend.  I will see you all Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment