CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, January 18, 2013

Pages from the Heart Day 2

Hello Friday viewers!!!  I am so glad you decided to come back today to see the next set of scrapbook pages.  In case you were not here yesterday, I shared a few pages from a scrapbook of Valentine's that had belonged to my husband's grandmother.  She had them saved up since her childhood and I wanted to protect them by archiving them.  Instead of so much discussion today, I will share more pages instead.  So without further delay, let's get started.


Don't you love the little boxer in the bottom right corner?  The one next to him folds down and becomes a 3 dimensional Valentine.  


One thing that surprised me when going through these was the color.  We tend to use lots of reds and pinks for this day as well as some purple.  In this group we see a lot of blue used.  It is in the background of some and serves as the main color on others.  Maybe I should give a blue Valentine a try!!


Sorry the photo is blurry.  My poor photography skill being displayed for you to see!!


Knowing that my husband is a firefighter, it should come as no surprise that this is a favorite for me.


Okay so this is not a Valentine.  It happens to be a shoe that belonged to grandma when she was a little girl.  I have 2 others that are displayed in this book also but this is the only one I chose to share.


Another page full for you too see.


Here you can see we find another expression that you don't seem to see today.  This girl is part of the big eye club!!


One more full page for you to view.


I love this sailing ship.  It is beautiful.  


And the balloon is pretty cool too.  What a clever idea for a Valentine.


This one reminds me of the old soda fountains.  I wish those were still around.  Anyway I think the design and sentiment is perfect for this day.


Last but not least is this one.  I wanted to share it because I find the wheelbarrow full of flowers a pretty cool idea that could easily be adapted to a hand made card.  I love the wheel too.  I think I might give one of these a try.  

I hope you enjoyed seeing these as much as I enjoyed sharing them.  I love to sit and go through this book anytime I am a little down.  These always make me feel happy.  Today we seem to have Valentine's that are so cartoony and based on characters from shows and movies.  I really like the look of all the older ones a lot better and am going to use some of these as inspiration for me in the next few weeks.  They also remind me of lots of people I love who have passed on like grandma and my mom.  Good memories are worth their weight in gold!!!

I wish you all a wonderful weekend.  On Monday, I will share with you the special project I did for my husband this week.  I was going to share it today but just had too many Valentine's that needed to be seen.  Please come back to see me and thanks for dropping in today to visit!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment