CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, January 28, 2013

Jumping Holidays

Happy Monday to you all.  Last week, I tried to share lots of Valentine cards as that holiday will be here before we know it.  However, when I sat down to craft this weekend, I found myself skipping a few months down the road to Easter.  I know.  I have totally missed St. Patrick's Day but I promise I will make something for it too.  Anyway, I just could not help myself and want to share with you the card I made.


I started with a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of Daffodil Delight and scored it at 4 1/4".  I used a retired stamp set called Easter Blossom and stamped the flowers across the bottom of the Daffodil.  I did this with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I added a layer of Whisper White to this.  I cut it to be 4" x 5 1/2".  I will go over the details done to the white in just a few minutes.


The cross I chose to use is from a stamp set I bought at a stamp convention a few years ago.  I stamped it using Garden Green ink onto Whisper White card stock.  I then used my Lucky Limeade and Daffodil Delight markers to color in the stems and center of the lilies.  Using my scissors, I carefully cut out the cross to place on my card.  With my 2 way glue pen, I added glue to the petals of the lilies and added Dazzling Diamond glitter to them.  The cross is attached to the card using dimensionals.  


Prior to attaching the white to the daffodil, I ran it through my big shot using the adorning accents edgelits to cut the edge that you see here.  Next I used the essentials paper piercing pack to pierce the matching design right above the scallops.  Using the Garden Green ink, I stamped the greeting onto the card with another stamp from the retired Easter Blossoms stamp set.  I then sponged the edges with Daffodil Delight ink and attached it to the card with runner adhesive.


To complete the background of my card, I stamped the little butterfly which is from the set I bought at the convention.  I randomly stamped it around the cross with VersaMark ink and then heat embossed it using clear embossing powder.  

I wanted to keep the card fairly simple and make the cross the focal point.  I think I achieved that.  Overall, I am happy with the look of it.  Next time I might use an impression folder on the white also but we will have to see.

That's it for today.  Thanks for stopping by and be sure to come back tomorrow.  I look forward to seeing you then!!



No comments:

Post a Comment