CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Finally Punching Again!!

Hi everybody and happy Wednesday.  I cannot believe we are almost at the end of January.  Where has this month gone?  It seems to just be flying by.  I have had so much going on that my punch art time was lacking.  I have really missed it.  I did not realize just how much until I sat down to make today's card.  It was so nice to be surrounded by punches once again.  I know that may sound weird to some but for me it is so true.  So let's get started so I can show you what I did.


I chose to use one of my favorite punches today - the owl punch.  But before we get to them, let me tell you about the base card.  I started with a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" base card of Rich Razzleberry card stock.  It is scored at 4 1/4".  I added a layer of Bashful Blue card stock cut at 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  Prior to attaching it to the base card, I ran it through my big shot using the cloudy day impression folder.  I added some Whisper White craft ink to the inside of the clouds using a sponge dauber and brushed the edges of it with Marina Mist ink.  It is adhered to the base using runner adhesive.  I then took a scrap of Garden Green card stock and tore off strips to make the grass.  They are adhered using the runner adhesive and then Dazzling Diamond glitter was added to the edges of the grass using my 2 way glue pen.  For the final touch, I made the tree.  The trunk and branches are made using Chocolate Chip card stock.  I cut the trunk to be 2 inches wide and the branches are just scraps.  I ran these pieces through my big shot using the woodgrain impression folder.  I adhered it to the card using the runner adhesive after the owl was placed in the hole and backed using a piece of Basic Black card stock.


The leaves of the tree were made using the branch from the 2 step bird punch.  I punched several out of Garden green card stock and glued them down using the 2 way glue pen.  I overlapped them to create the dense look and trimmed off the excess that hung over the edge.  The greeting was stamped on using on of my alphabet stamp set and Pacific Point ink.  I stamped directly onto the card.


My girl owl is all dressed up for her Valentine date.  I used the chocolate card stock for the body.  All pieces except the center dot of her bow are from the owl builder punch.  Her dress and bow are Melon Mambo .  For her eyelids, I used Pink Pirouette card stock.  It is the largest circle of the owl punch cut in half.  Here eyes are Basic Black and Whisper White while her mouth is Tangerine Tango.  The dot in the center of the bow is a 1/4" circle punch.  All pieces were adhered using the 2 way glue pen.  I placed her in the hole which was made using the 1 3/8" circle punch and glued a piece of black behind her.   White gel pen adds highlights to her eyes, dress and bow.


My little man owl was made using the owl punch also.  His body, eyes, beak and feet were made using the same colors as the girl (chocolate, black, white, and tangerine).  I made him a bow tie to where with the center being a 1/4" circle.  The vest is made with Pacific Point card stock and has black marker lines added to it for design.  I made the top hat for him free hand. All pieces are attached using the 2 way glue pen and the finished owl is attached to the card using dimensionals.

The hearts that decorate the tree are made using the big shot and an embosslit folder called Fashionable Hearts.  I cut them out of Silver Glimmer card stock and attached them to the tree using liquid glue.  I did add some Perfect Plum and Rose Red ink to the silver hearts but it really does not show up in the photo.

Well I am off to see what else I can punch today before the house goes crazy again.  Please come by tomorrow and see if I am successful.  Thanks for dropping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment