CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Memories of a Friend

Hi everyone and welcome to Tuesday.  As promised I am going to share a project I worked on for my husband.  This was a special project that he is taking to his fire station to hang up in their day room.  On January 16th, 2012 we lost a very good friend who passed away very unexpectedly.  His name was Mike and he was my husband's 2nd engineer on his ladder truck.  To say we went through a hard time is an understatement.  The entire crew was devastated and lost for many weeks.  His loss is still felt today and he is greatly missed.

To have a day to remember him, the crew and their spouses got together to have dinner and share stories.  We all brought something to remember Mike by and my project was my contribution this year.  See the crew wanted to display something in the station as a remembrance and I was more than happy to help.  We decided on a shadowbox and I am going to share it with you today.


I wanted to show you the background out of the box frame so you could really see how it looked.  I used several items that were given to me by my hubby as well as a few sticker sets that represented things he loved such as fishing and hunting.  I made sure to put a friendship saying on it since this is a remembrance made by and for friends of his.  I also put an Irish Blessing that was read at his funeral. I attached everything down using ModPodge adhesive.  I added brads to the matted sayings and photo.  These stuck straight in but will help keep these secure.  I allowed it to dry completely prior to putting the lid on it. 


Here is a picture of the finished box.  Yes that is my hand and arm reflection that you see in the glass.  That is why I made sure to take the other photo first to show you.

Well that's it for today.  I am off to my annual doctor's appointment but I will return tomorrow with another share for you.  Please stop by to visit if you can.  Thanks for dropping in today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment