CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Another One of My Favorite Couples

Hi everybody!!  It is Tuesday and here in Arizona we are back to being dry again.  We have had rain since last Thursday and it has been WONDERFUL!!!!!!!  Of course my dog would disagree.  She does not like to get her paws wet.  Yes she is a diva.  I thoroughly enjoyed all the rain.  It had been so long since we had consecutive days of rain that it was amazing to behold!

Yesterday I ventured off onto the road to Easter.  Well today I am back on the path of Valentine's Day.  I woke up yesterday and was thinking about famous couples that I have watched over the years.  Now a lot of you may think I am speaking of real people.  Well you would be wrong.  I mean couples like Betty and Barney Rubble, Wilma and Fred Flintstone, Mickey and Minnie mouse and so on.  I decided to choose one of these special couples to use on my card for today.  I wanted to try one that I have never done before so I hope you like it.  This dynamic duo is a very odd couple and come from a show I use to watch growing up - The Muppet Show.  Do you know who it is now?  Let me show you.


Here's the happy couple.  It's Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy.  Aren't they cute?  I started with a base card of Elegant Eggplant cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  To this I added a layer of Whisper White cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  I took this piece of white and ran it through my big shot using a Valentine impression folder that I picked up a year or so ago at a local craft store.  I did spray this embossed piece with my champagne shimmer spray which is not visible in this photo but it is there.  I attached this to the base card using runner adhesive.

Next I made the heart frames for my character faces to peek out through.  I used Cherry Cobbler card stock and my Heart framelits to do this.  I cut out a small heart from the card stock and then put the next size up around that hole and cut it to make the frames.  I snipped one of the hearts and interlocked the two together.  I adhere these to the base card using my liquid glue.  I added the rhinestones to the hearts and the pink rhinestones to the background after I attached my characters.


Kermit is one of the easiest character to make.  I chose to make him out of Gumball Green card stock.  I also used Whisper White, Real Red and Pretty in Pink.  I punched out one retired 5 petal flower which I used for his collar and 2 ornaments which make up his head.  His mouth is the wide heart from the heart to heart punch in red with a pink small heart layered onto it.  His eyes are 3/4" circles, flattened on the bottom.  I sponged the edges of all the green with matching ink.  All pieces are attached together using my 2 way glue pen except for the top ornament.  It is attached to the bottom with a dimensional.  The eyes are drawn on with a fine tip black marker.  I attached the completed frog with dimensionals to the card.


Miss Piggy is equally easy to make.  I used Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight and a sparkle pink (non Stampin' Up!) card stock  for my colors.  Her head is a 1 3/4" circle.  Her mouth lip is a 1/2" circle as is the white of the eyes and the eyelid (cut in half for eyelid).  The blue of the eyes and the red tongue is the largest circle from the owl builder punch.  For the black of the eyes and the nostrils, I used the 1/8" hand held circle punch.  Her snout is a 3/4" circle.  Her neck is a large oval trimmed and her hair are several scallop ovals layered.  Her ears are from the retired 5 petal flower punch and her headband is a 1 3/4" circle offset from a 1 3/4" circle hole.  I gave here a rhinestone necklace.  All of her pieces are assembles using a 2 way glue pen except her snout.  That is attached to the face using a dimensional.  I attached the completed Miss Piggy with dimensionals to the card.


For the inside greeting, I decided to use my alphabet stamps and my white craft ink to create the saying on my own.  I used the big shot and the heart framelits to cut a heart from Basic Black card stock.  Stamping the letters in white onto the black surface is known as the chalkboard technique.  It seems to be really popular right now.  Anyway, one it was stamped, I used my heat gun to help dry the ink and then attached the black heart to the card using runner adhesive.  I added a small heart  which was punched from Silver Glimmer card stock to the bottom of the black heart with runner adhesive.  

Well that's it for today.  I hope you all will come back tomorrow to see what my creative brain comes up with next.  Thanks for stopping by today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment