CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Birthday Card #2 for the Week

Happy Tueday!!!  Happy Birthday to my husband's Uncle Charlie.  Put your feet up and relax today.  You deserve it. 

January starts every year with several birthday all in a row.  So it makes sense that I would be making cards for these days.  Now some of the cards I sent were made last year and posted so I will not show them again.  But some of them are new additions to the collection and deserve to be shown.  Today's card is one of the new ones.  Again the punch art character is one I made before for my punch art sample board.  I don't think I have used it on a card before but it works perfectly for this one.  I made the card for my ex mother in law.  Her birthday was this past Sunday and my daughter wanted a special card for her.  She has 2 great loves in her life: her schnauzer dog and the color red.  I used these as my springboard to get started on this one.


When I made this cute doggy for my sample board, I made it as a boy with glasses.  He looks very smart.  For this one I wanted to make a girl since her dog is a girl.  I chose to work with a retired color for this card.  I used Poppy Parade card stock as the red hue for this one.  Now if you don't have poppy, you can use Read Red or any red you like.  

I started with a base card of Poppy Parade (retired) cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  For the full layer on top, I used a designer series paper which is also retired.  It is cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  I adhered it with runner adhesive to the base.  I colored in the dots in the center of the flower patterns on the dsp with the poppy marker.  


Here is a close up of the dog.  This is a list of the punches used to make her:

 
Body - 1 3/4" circle trimmed flat for back
Head - 1 3/4" circle punched with 1 3/8 circle to get curve (you can also just trim it if you need to)
Ears - 3/4 inch circle - cut in half
Eyebrows - retired butterfly edge punched offset from butterfly hole - snipped a bit for hair look
Nose - 3/4 inch circle punched at corner of paper
Facial hair - wings from two step bird punch - snipped a bit for hair look
Eyes - 1/4" circle - white gel pen
Legs - modern label
Tail - retired horizontal slot punch
Bow on head - retired heart to heart punch and 1/4" circle punch - white gel pen
Bow on neck - small heart and itty bitty circle - white gel pen

All pieces were adhered together using a 2 way glue pen.  Once  dry, I attached her to a piece of Whisper White card stock cut at 3 1/4" x 3 1/2".  This piece was run through the big shot using the snow flurry impression folder.  I brushed the edges with poppy ink and attached it to a piece of 3 1/2" x 3 3/4" Poppy Parade card stock.  The entire piece was attached to the card with runner adhesive.  The doggy was attached using dimensionals.  I added a few red rhinestones to this just for pizzazz!!


The greeting for this one comes from the stamp set called Curly Cute.  I stamped it using the Poppy Parade ink onto Whisper White card stock.  I cut this out free hand and attached this piece to a piece of poppy using runner adhesive. I then cut around this free hand and attached to finished greeting with dimensionals.

All in all this is a fairly easy card to make.  I think it turned out cute.  Well that's it for today.  I will be back tomorrow with another share for you.  Thanks for dropping by today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment