CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, August 1, 2013

A Bewitching Halloween Card

Hi everyone.  I have once again returned and today I have a card themed for Halloween.  I used a couple of the owl figures I shared yesterday just as I said I would.  Let's get started.


I wanted to keep this card simple so I did not do a lot of embellishing on it.  I started with a base card of Pumpkin Pie card stock cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I added only one layer to this.  It is a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of photo card stock.  I used this so I would be able to create my background.  Using the 1 3/4" circle punch, I punched a circle from a post it note and attached it to the photo card stock.  This would allow me to add my ink but leave the circle white so I would have a moon.  Once it was attached (using the sticky from the post it note itself) I took my sponges and my Night of Navy and Midnight Muse ink pads and sponged the background on being sure to mix the colors and blend them as well as I could.  Once finished, I peeled off the post it note and was ready to add my details.


To cut the letters for the greeting, I used my big shot and the retired decorative strip called billboard.  I cut the letters out of Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black card stock.  I added orange glitter to the pumpkin letters using a 2 way glue pen.  I then attached the pumpkin letters to the black ones being sure to offset them just a bit.  I used the same glue to do this.  Once they were all attached, I attached them to the card using the same glue pen.  



To make my broom, I started with a piece of Early Espresso cut to be about 5" in length and only about 3/4" wide.  I ran this through the big shot using the woodgrain impression folder.  I tore a strip off once it was embossed and used my scissors to round the end of it.  Next I took the retired key tag punch and punched one out of Crumb Cake card stock.  I cut an end off and using my Crumb Cake marker I drew the line across the and lines for the bristles.  I then used my scissors to cut strips up to the line so it looked more realistic.  I glued the head onto the stick using a liquid glue and attached the finished broom to the card with the same glue.



For the characters, I used the following card stock colors:  Basic Black, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie and Pink Pirouette.  The body of the witch and cat were made using the owl builder punch.  The tail of the cat is the body of the owl trimmed up one side to make the thin tail.  The hat of the witch is made using the large oval punch and the owl builder.  The point of the hat is the owl body cut in half using one ear for the point.  I added a pumpkin to the dress of the owl using a stamp I happen to have.  I brushed the edges of the hat the the witches head using a sponge and white ink.  I added whiskers to the cat and lines to the witch eyes with a white gel pen.  The glitter on the eyelids and the hat were added using colored glitter glue.   The pieces of the owl and cat are adhered with a 2 way glue pen and the finished figures were attached using dimensionals.

Well that's all for today.  I will return tomorrow with another share for you so please come visit me again.  Thanks for stopping by today!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment