I am sticking with my Halloween theme for now since it is the first holiday we will encounter. I saw a card similar to the one I am going to share today on Pinterest months ago. It stuck with me and I really wanted to give it a try. Ready to see it? Let's go.
I am sure you have seen those cute Halloween decorations that people put on doors and trees that depict a witch who had a slight mishap while flying around on her broom. I have always enjoyed this decoration so when I saw it on a card, I knew I wanted to try to make one myself.
I started with a base card of Tangerine Tango card stock cut at 5" x 10", scored at 5". I added a layer of Basic Black to this which measures 4 7/8" x 4 7/8". The final top layer is Smoky Slate cut at 4 3/4" x 4 3/4". All layers were attached using runner adhesive. I chose to do this card as a square because the witch would fit better. On this top layer of slate, I took a sponge with black ink on it and brushed it over the top of it. I then took a piece of Early Espresso card stock and cut it to be 2" x 4 3/4". I ran it through the big shot using the woodgrain impression folder and then adhered it to the card with runner adhesive.
To start the witch, I took a piece of black card stock that I had run through the big shot using a swirl impression folder. I punched out a 1 3/4" circle for the round piece and a small pennant from the pennant punch. I added a piece of Elegant Eggplant to the pennant to form a band for the hat. I attached the pieces together using liquid glue and added purple glitter glue to the band.
The hands of the witch are from the boho blossom punch. It's the large flower trimmed down. The "hand" is attached with liquid glue to a word window that I trimmed a bit to fit the wrist. I set these aside to attach to the witch in a bit. I did go ahead and make the hair using a scrap of Gumball Green card stock and cutting strips in it. It is attached to the hat using the liquid glue.
For the cape, I again used the black card stock and punched out several of the larger scallop pennants from the pennant punch. I layered them together with liquid glue and attached them to the hair is the same glue. I then added the arms to it as were as orange glitter glue dots.
For the legs, I used the modern label punch. I started by punching out the label in black and then punched a second one for each leg in Gumball Green. I cut pieces off the green and glued it with a 2 way glue pen to the black. I added green glitter glue and attached them to the cape with liquid glue. The shoes were made using the full heart punch. I punched 2 out of black, cut a notch for the heel, and trimmed the rest to make the boot. These are attached to the legs using liquid glue. I then added crystal effects to them to make them look glossy.
Now for the broom, I glued a scrap of espresso to the underside of the witch. I then took the retired jewelry tag punch and punched 2 out of Daffodil Delight. I layered them so that the top knobs would be next to each other. I then punched a small oval out of the daffodil and flattened on side. I attached this to the tags with the glue pen and cut strips to form the bristles. I added some yellow glitter glue to the top portion of the bristles and attached it to the broom pole with the 2 way glue pen.
Once all pieces of the witch were complete and dry, it was time to attach her to the card. I decided to use dimensionals to do this. I like the depth it adds to the card.
Well that's all I have for today. I am off to clean the house and work on the invitations for the charity banquet my hubby is hosting in September. I will return with another share for you so please stop by to see me again. Thanks for dropping by today!