CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, August 12, 2013

Mouse Madness

Hi everyone.  Happy Monday!!!!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

Today, I wanted to share the card I made using the punch art I shared on Friday.  Let's get started.


So here is the finished card.  I started with a base card of Baked Brown Sugar card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a layer of Whisper White card stock cut to be 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  I also added a layer of Basic Black measuring 4" x 5 1/4".  All layers were attached to the base with runner adhesive.


Across the top of the black layer, I added a layer of Whisper White.  This piece was cut at 1" x 5 1/4".  I punched the one side using the retired eyelet border punch and then ran it through the big shot using the perfect polka dots folder.  I attached it using runner adhesive and added the red rhinestones to dress it up just a bit.


Across the bottom of the black layer I wanted to add a layer of glimmer red.  I cut a piece to be 2" x 5 1/4".  Using a 1 1/4" punch for the head and the 3/4" punch for the ears, I punched out the 2 Mickey Mouse heads.  I attached the piece to the card using my 2 way glue pen.  I then added black glitter to the heads using the same 2 way glue pen.  

For the greeting, I turned to my Create a Cupcake stamp set.  I stamped the greeting onto a piece of Whisper White card stock using VersaMark ink.  I then heat embossed it using an embossing powder called Red Dragon.  Once cooled, I punched it out using the word window punch.  I also punched a modern label out of black and layered them together using runner adhesive.  I then added it to the card using dimensionals.

As we move towards the characters, I want to start by saying I used the cupcake builder punch for all the base and frosting pieces.  I will not list this punch below unless it was also used for another piece of the character.  All lines were added to bases, frosting, hats, bows and other parts using a fine tip black marker.


Let's start with Minnie and Mickey Mouse.  I used the same colors of card stock for each:  Real Red, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight and Whisper White.  

Punches used for Minnie:
Dots - cupcake builder
Ears - 1/2" circle
Bow - retired heart to heart and 1/4" circle

Punches used for Mickey:
Ears - 1/2" circle
Dots on Base - 1/2" circle trimmed into oval shape


Moving on to the next 2 characters we find Goofy and Pluto.  

Card stock used for Goofy:  Pumpkin Pie, Pear Pizzazz and Night of Navy.  

Punches used for Goofy:
Hat top - retired heart to heart punch; I used the wide heart from this and trimmed it
Hat bottom - retired mitten builder punch

Card stock used for Pluto:  Gumball Green, Crushed Curry, Garden Green, Basic Black and Daffodil Delight.

Punches used for Pluto:
Ears - word window, trimmed
Collar/Tag - cupcake builder (flame for tag) and a scrap piece for collar


Time for the last character Donald Duck.   I used Pacific Point, Whisper White, Real Red and Basic Black card stock for him.

Punhes used for Donald Duck:
Hat - small oval trimmed
Hat Band - 3/4" circle
Hat Band Tail - scrap of black cut into points on the ends
Bow - small heart and the circle from the itty bitty punch pack

All pieces of the characters are attached together using the 2 way glue pen.  Once they were assembled, I attached them to the card with dimensionals.  Since I wanted Donald to stand out in the center, I double stacked the dimensionals.  That set him up higher than the other characters.

If you have any questions about this card please feel free to ask.  I will be happy to help you.  

That's all I have for today.  I hope you will return to visit with me tomorrow.  I will see you all then!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment