Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at:
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, August 2, 2013

A Monster of a Couple

Today's share features a very lovely couple, well maybe not lovely.  They seem to be a bit of a monster couple, but a cute monster couple.  Now one of these characters I shared with you on Wednesday.  The other one came to me in the middle of the night.  There I was in my bed asleep when all of a sudden I woke up to roll over and thought " oh my goodness, this guy needs his bride!".  Can you guess which character that I shared needed a bride?  Well let's see if you are right!!!!

It's Frankie and the bride!!!!!  Yep I could not resist the urge to make her.  As always, we will begin with the base and work our way up.  The base card is a 4 1/4" x 11" piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock.  It is scored at 5 1/2".  I added a piece of Basic Black cut at 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  I attached it to the base with runner adhesive.  For the top layer, I took a piece of Basic Gray and cut it at 4" x 5 1/4".  Before adding it to the base, I fashioned a tree out of Early Espresso card stock.  The tree is attached using runner adhesive.  I then added the greenery to the tree using Garden Green card stock and my scallop circle punches.  I attached the circles with runner adhesive and trimmed off any excess that hung over the edges.  I then attached it to the base with the runner adhesive. 

The bats were made using Basic Black card stock and the retired bitty bat punch.  I punched out 2 of these.  I added black glitter to these using a 2 way glue pen.  I then attached these to the tree with the same 2 way glue pen.

I wanted to add a bit of character to the tree so I added a hole on the trunk with my black marker.  Next I punched out 2 circles using the 1/4" circle punch from Daffodil Delight.  I also punched out 2 circles using the 1/8" circle punch from Real Red.  I attached these together using the 2 way glue pen and attached them to the tree the same way.  I drew the red lines just to make the eyes a bit more scary.  

Here is a close up of Frankie himself.  I used the owl builder punch for all pieces of him except the wings and bolts.  I used the 1 3/4" scallop punch cut in half for the wings.  The other half I used on the bride.  the bolts are the top of the jewelry tag (retired).  I used Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Basic Black, Whisper White and Brushed Silver card stock for him.  All his pieces are attached using the 2 way glue pen and the finished Frankie is attached to the card with dimensionals.  I added white gel pen to his eyes and black marker for stitches.  I added silver glitter to the bolts and brown glitter to the buttons.

For the bride, I used the owl builder punch for most of her.  The second part of the scallop circle forms her wings.  For her hair, I punched out a wide oval from Basic Black and one from Smoky Slate.  I took the slate one and cut it into strips for the hair.  I trimmed off one end of the black oval and attached the slate strips using the glue pen.  Once all pieces of my owl bride were attached together with the glue pen, I added silver glitter to the hair and white to the dress.  White gel pen finished the eyes and black marker made the stitches.  Once the glitter was dried, I attached the finished bride with dimensionals.

Well we are at the end of the week and 2 days into a new month.  Time flies when life is happening.  I wish you all a wonderful weekend and please come back to see me next week.  Thanks for visiting today!  See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment