CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, April 29, 2013

More Mario Friends

Hi everyone and welcome to a new week.  I do hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  I took my sister to the beauty salon for our monthly hair appointment.  She did very well with all the up and down to get in and out of the chairs.  It was nice for her to get out though.

I did find time to get into my craft room to do a bit of card making.  I decided to continue with the Mario friends and make the little mushroom guys.  Again I want to thank Heather Summers for her wonderful tutorial on these.  Let me show you my card and we will get started.


I started with a base card of Real Red card stock cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  Next I added a layer of Basic Black measuring 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" card stock to this with runner adhesive.  The top layer is a piece of Bashful Blue card stock cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  I ran this through the big shot using my cloudy day impression folder.  Next I took a piece of Garden Green 4" wide and tore a strip across it.  I attached it to the cloudy day blue using runner adhesive.  I then added dazzling diamond glitter to the torn edge of the green and colored the clouds in using a white colored pencil.  The finished piece was attached to the card using runner adhesive.  I punched the stars out of Daffodil Delight using a small star punch from the holiday punch pack.  I added little eyes and mouths to these with a fine tip black marker.  I attached these to the card with glue dots.


These cute little toadstools are so easy to make.  The hat is a 1 3/4" circle out of Real Red card stock that has been repunched with the 1" circle punch.  The smaller circles on the red are 3/4" Whisper White circles.  I ran these through my big shot using my medium dots impression folder.  I attached the white dots to the red using liquid glue.  I trimmed any of the white circles that were hanging over the edge of the red with scissors.  The face is a 1" circle punched out of Pink Pirouette.  I glued the red hat on with a 2 way glue pen and flattened the bottoms with scissors.  The Basic Black of the eyes were punched out using the retired horizontal slot punch.  You could make these using scraps if you do not have the punch.  The whites of the eyes are 1/8" circles.  They are attached to the black with liquid glue and the finished eyes are attached to the face with the same liquid glue.  The completed toadstools are attached to the card using dimensionals.


The greeting I chose for this card is from the retired King of the Grill stamp set.  I stamped it using Real Red ink onto Whisper White card stock and punched it out using the small oval punch.  I attached that to a large oval which had been punched out of Real Red card stock.  It is attached to the card using dimensionals.

Now I think the only other character I can think of to do from this group is Princess Peach.  I am not sure I am going to do her right now.  I am kind of ready to move on to another topic.  I guess I will have to think about it and see.  

That's it for today.  I hope your week is off to a good start.  I will be back tomorrow with another card to share with you.  Thanks for stopping by today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment