I started with a base card of Lucky Limeade card stock measuring 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2". I wanted to add a little bit of background decoration to the card so I stamped the base card with my Pleasant Poppies stamp using Lucky Limeade ink. It allows the image to be seen but not detract from the rest of the card front.
Here is a closer look at the background. To add a little pizzazz to it, I added a bit of white gel pen to some of the flowers. It highlighted them and added a bit of color. I also added 3 pearls up in the corner just because I wanted to!
The focal point of the card is my flowers. To make this area, I started with a piece of Daffodil Delight and Whisper White card stock. I ran the Daffodil through the big shot using the Labels Collection of framelits. I cut this out and then ran it through one more time, turning the framelit to lie crossways on the cut label. This cuts the final shape you see in the photo. Okay I realize while typing this that it sounds a bit confusing so I will post a tutorial on how to do this for you soon. I then ran the final shape through the big shot with the Vine Street impression folder from the Sale-a-Bration catalog (no longer available). The edges were sponged using Daffodil Delight ink and it was attached to the base using runner adhesive.
Next, I took my Whisper White and ran it through the big shot using the same framelits, just one size smaller. Once it was cut into the shape, I ran it through with the Perfect Polka Dots impression folder. I sponged the edges with Lucky Limeade ink and ran the sponge lightly over the top of the dots to highlight them too. It was attached to the Daffodil shape using the runner adhesive.
The only item I added to my lilies is the cut little yellow button at the bottom of each one. To learn to make these, visit the blog from yesterday. I attached the flowers to the card with dimensionals.
For my greeting, I turned to a Sale-a-Bration stamp set called Bloomin' Marvelous. Just like the impression folder, this is no longer available. Anyway, I stamped it onto Whisper White card stock with Lucky Limeade ink and punched it out using the scallop oval punch. I sponged the edges with Daffodil Delight ink and attached the greeting to the card using dimensionals.
That brings me to the end of my blog for today. I will be back tomorrow with another blog to share with you. I think I will show you the step by step tutorial of how to make the center of the card I did today. So please come by to see it if you are interested. I will try to make another card with the ones I make to show you too.
Thanks for stopping by today to visit!