CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, April 22, 2013

An Old Friend For A Masculine Card

Hi everyone and happy Monday!!!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Well my sister now has her hard cast on her foot.  She chose purple for it.  I think it is more comfortable but still not fun to have on.  I spent my weekend visiting with her and taking care of my hubby.  He often suffers from neck pain and this past Saturday was no exception.  I am happy to report that he is feeling better now and I hope it continues.

For my share today, I have made another masculine card.  I have often talked about how I always run short of these.  Since I love to do punch art, I have decided to make several of the same characters for cards for men.  Today's card features one of those character.  I do actually think this card is very similar to one I made before.  I do apologize for that but hey it works and I like it.  Let's just jump in shall we?


It's our old friend Yosemite Sam from the Looney Toon family.  I started him with a base card of Cherry Cobbler measuring 4 1/4" x 11".  I scored this at 5 1/2", creasing my score line with my bone folder.  I then stamped the background onto a piece of Very Vanilla and prepared it for the card.  I took another piece of Very Vanilla measuring 4" x 5 1/4" and ran it through my big shot using the top note die.  I used the negative piece, the frame, from this and set the top note aside for another day.  I then ran the negative through the big shot using the impression folder called Chevron.  I glued this using a liquid glue to the stamped image and attached the entire piece to the base card using glue dots.


Here is a closer look at the stamped image.  Now I stamped this using StazOn ink onto Very Vanilla card stock.  However, this image turned out fairly light and I did not think it would look good.  I could have stamped it again but I decided to take a fine tip black marker and outline all the lines instead.  I think it looks just as good and saved card stock by doing this.  I colored the image in using colored pencils.  I always think about using markers, but sometimes, it just does not seem like the right medium to use.  I was afraid it would take away from the actual image and not allow Sam to stand out.  I added what looks like red water drops to the corners of the vanilla frame just for added color.


Now for the star himself.  I first learned to make Sam from Ellen Kemper.  I used Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, So Saffron, Night of Navy, Soft Suede, Whisper White, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Brushed Silver and the retired Blushing Bride card stock.  Here is the list of punches used for all the pieces of Sam:

Hat - 2 1/2" circle trimmed on the sides

Head - 1" circle in black

Eyebrows - narrow heart from the retired Heart to Heart 

Eyes - plus sign looking flower from the itty bitty punch pack trimmed 

Moustache - full heart cut in half and trimmed 

Nose - word window re-punched to make it shorter

Ears - small heart from the retired heart to heart punch cut in half

Body - full heart trimmed

Arms - wide oval punched around the retired small oval hole

Hands - modern label; punch the ends of this using the 1/2" circle punch

Legs - 1 3/8" circle punched near a 1" circle hole

Belt - large oval punched near a large oval hole

Buckle - scrap of card stock; draw detail on if you would like to

Kerchief - 1/4" circle and the small heart from the retired heart to heart punch (cut heart in half)

Boots - smallest heart from the retired heart to heart punch trimmed

I adhered all pieces of Sam using a liquid glue.  I also added crystal effects to the boots to make them shiny.  The finished Sam is attached to the card using dimensionals.  

I do hope your week is off to a good start.  I am hoping to spend time doing things I love.  I guess we will see how it goes.  Thanks for dropping by today and I will see you tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment