Today is my day to spend the entire morning with little Jackson. I was thinking about him yesterday when I sat down to make my card for today. I really was thinking how I need to get more boy themed cards to have on hand. I remembered a card I found on Pinterest a few weeks ago made by Leena Girsa. I decided to give it a try myself so let me show you the card.
Now for any of you out there who love video games or have children who love video games I am sure your recognize Mario. My daughters still play video games with him in them. I started with a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" Pacific Point piece of card stock. I scored it at 4 1/4". I then cut a piece of the retired Blushing Bride (which by the way will be making a come back soon) cut at 4" x 5 1/4". This would be the first layer of my card and serve as the main part of the face. It is attached with runner adhesive. I added a 2 1/2" x 4" piece of Real Red card stock to the top for the hat. It is also attached with runner adhesive. I punched a 1 1/4" circle from Whisper White and attached it at the top of the hat with runner adhesive also. Next I used the retired Billboard decorative strip die and cut out a red "M" to put on the circle. The hat brim was made using the Oval framelits collection. I used the third smallest oval and cut it in half (actually it is a little bigger than half). I added a white large oval with the greeting stamped on it. The greeting is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and is stamped in Real Red ink. The oval is attached to the brim using runner adhesive and the brim piece is attached to the hat with dimensionals.
Mario does have beautiful eyes doesn't he? I used Whisper White wide ovals, Pacific Point large ovals, and Basic Black retired small ovals to make these. They are layered together with runner adhesive and attached to the card using the same adhesive. I added a little white gel pen to the eyes.
The nose is made using the wide oval punch and Blushing Bride card stock. It is attached to the card using dimensionals (do this after the mustache is attached). The mustache is Basic Black card stock. I punched out a 1 1/4" circle and a 1 3/4" circle from this. I cut these in half and ran them through the big shot using the woodgrain impression folder to add texture. The circles are layered together and attached to the card with runner adhesive.
To be fair, I encourage you to check out Leena's site by clicking here . Her's is really cool. I am pretty proud of how mine turned out too.
Well that's it for today. I am going to catch up on the inside of some of my cards this weekend but do plan on making something to share on Monday. I wish you all a wonderful weekend. I will see you Monday. Thanks for dropping by today to visit!!!!!!