CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Another Punch Art Friend

Happy Tuesday everyone!!!!  My week was off to a jump start yesterday, literally!  My daughter's boyfriend called in need of a jump start for his car.  So I was out the door before 7 am.  Once his car started, I headed home but made a few stops first.  A trip to the gas station, the grocery store, Target and the bank were in order and I figured I might as well take care of all of them while I was out.  I did manage to get back home before 10 so I felt really good.  Have you ever noticed that when you get home from the grocery store there is always work to do?  I cleaned all the produce and put all the groceries away and then had to take out trash and start laundry.  I was exhausted but still wanted to work on a card. 

The card I worked on was an easy one to make because it is patterned after a card I made last week.  Do you remember Mario from last week?  Well when my daughter came over and saw him she thought he was too cute and said I needed to make a Luigi to go with him.  That's exactly what I did!!


I started with a base card of Crumb Cake cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a layer of Blushing Bride which is retired (but might reappear again soon!!) to the top of the Crumb Cake.  It is cut at 4" x 5 1/4" and attached using runner adhesive.  


To make the hat portion, I used Whisper White and Garden Green card stock.  I cut a piece of green to measure 2 1/2" x 4" and adhered it to the top of the Blushing Bride using runner adhesive.  I used the retired decorative strip called Billboard and cut out the letter "L".  It is adhered to a white 1 1/4" circle using liquid glue.  The circle is then adhered to the hat with runner adhesive.  The brim of the hat is the 3rd smallest oval from the oval framelits collection.  I cut it out using the big shot and then cut it a little larger than half.  I attached a large oval with the greeting on it to the brim with runner adhesive.  The greeting is from the retired Stamp Set called King of the Grill.  It is stamped in Garden Green ink.  Once it was attached to the brim, I attached the brim to the hat with dimensionals.


To make the face, I used Whisper White, Basic Black, Pacific Point and retired Blushing Bride card stock.  The eyes were made using the wide oval for the white, the large oval for the pacific and the retired small oval for the black.  I layered these together using runner adhesive and attached the completed eyes to the face with the same adhesive.  The moustache was made using the wide oval punch.  I punched 2 of these ovals, ran then through the big shot using the woodgrain impression folder and cut each one to be a little larger than half.  They are attached to the face with runner adhesive.  The nose is a wide oval and is attached using dimensionals.  I added a bit of white gel pen to the nose and eyes for looks.  I also sponged the edges of the nose with Blushing Bride ink for depth.


Here are the brother together.  The main difference other than the letter on their hats and the color of the hats is the moustaches.   Mario has a wavy one which is why I used 2 sizes of circle to make it while Luigi has a pretty straight one.  The wide oval worked really well for his.  

Well that's it for today.  Wonder what I should make for tomorrow?  I guess I had better get to thinking about that so I can get to work.  I hope you all have a terrific day and will come by to visit with me tomorrow.  Thanks for dropping by today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment